Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hhmmm

do you think its racist to tell a black person you own them seeing as how we actually used to way back when

you know what im talking about

the "i pwn j00/ i > you/ i own you" type of thing

but then again, who cares

·
Registered
649 Posts
I don't think it would be racist. Black people are the most racist people I've ever seen. They're like, "Shut up cracka fo sho" and if I said the N-word towards them they'd get all pissed off.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
actually the problem in modern society is reverse racism, mainly caused by affirmative action. What i mean is that a failing black kid is more likely to get into a college than an outstanding white kid if they need to meet their requirement of minority percentage. I hate it when people use skin color as a sheild or excuse as to why they didnt make it or get the cut. On a college application and for ALL information forms and stuff it should NOT be allowed to ask you things that can group you according to race or religoun. On the FCAT (state testing thing thats gay) i always put that i would rather not say even tho im a Catholic which isnt oppressed in any way. [/rant]

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
this thread is border line guys so we will leave it open on these grounds. If you show any racist thoughts you will be banned for as long as I see fit.

be very carefull in what you say.

now to my part. I live in a county that has approx 5 persons of african decent. I don't see how this is an issue or subject at all. If it were to be the same question we shouldn't be able to say the same to a german because we rocked them in a war or a northern saying the same to a southerner.

really this is such a reach...IF you were ever confronted on this issue you would just have to say...you know thats not what I ment. quick being racist against your self.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Just for the record - it is "person of color" not "Colored person"... For some reason there seems to be a big difference.

Do not let this degrade into a rant about Affirmative action, Wiggers, I can't stand how some (Insert minority here) at my school can do (whatever).

If you want to have a discussion on racisim, ok, but lets be mature about this here. I closed this once already as these types of threads eventually degrade... But I was overrulled...again.... I will not hesistate to close and delete this thread if it gets out of hand.

·
Paintball = Life
503 Posts
I think that people are way too sensitive when it comes to their race. Granted there are certain things in our society like Affirmative Action and other minority policies and programs that were meant to level the playing field. However, is there still a place for those programs today? I believe that we need to quit identifying ourselves by our race. But until certain programs are changed and certain general views of our society are changed we will not progress as a people in regards to race. There is no place for racism in our society.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Black people do not like be called "colored" a tidbit I learned from my black friend Alisha, years ago. Things I dont like about the whole racism thing:
Years ago when the Rodney King cops were let off the hook and there was a huge riot in Los Angeles, this I think was justified however when OJ Simpson was on trial, the black crowds in the streets awaiting the verdict had "we are gonna riot if the verdict is guilty" written all over them. That trial had nothing to do with racism except that Mark Furman was a racial bigot. But Mark Furman was not on trial and OJ was, not because he was black but because he murdered his wife and her beau.

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
BakerSkate said:
I don't think it would be racist. Black people are the most racist people I've ever seen. They're like, "Shut up cracka fo sho" and if I said the N-word towards them they'd get all pissed off.
Don't foget white trash, damn those racist people.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I had a nice long conversation with one of my black co-workers several weeks ago which led us both to the same interesting conclusion. My point in the conversation was how there are many minorities who use their color as a crutch and blame others for their failures instead of working hard to make it on their own. His points were that there are still many instances of racisim out there for people trying to get jobs or promotions. The amazing thing is that we both came to the same conclusion in the end that a huge part if the problem is that there ARE so many illigitiment claims made of racism by minorities that whites almost get a knee-jerk reaction and assume that there isn't any real racial issues. All the noise by people who scream "racism" as an excuse hides a lot of the real problems that are still out there.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
if the kid gets pissed off about you sayin u own him, either explain it to him or just say ur stupid and run. if someone said that to me i woodnt care cuz im black....kinda, indian people count as black people right???? 0?

EDIT: indian from india, not native american. god i wanna go back in time and beat the **** out of christopher columbus for callin em indians. and b like THERE ****IN NATIVE AMERICANS GET IT RIGHT A-HOLE! that'll show him

·
Registered
849 Posts
DO YOU OWN ANYONE NOW???

RIGHT NOW PPL ARE EQUAL

when "people of colour" were enslaved, it was wrong, so dont say "i owned you"
in my mind that is racism

i beat ppl up sometimes if i hear them say racist comments i hate it

my dad had "hate crime" or whatever on him b/c he is native . .. . it was bad and ****ed him up a bit mentally

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Rodney King is my school's principal.

The only thing I don't like about "African Americans" is that they just throw around words like 'the N word' 'cracka' and some other words, but the second any white person says a word beginning with a N the aforementioned "African Americans" get all mad about it.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
I acctually like this thread. We are among freinds, I dont think we should be as politically correct as others would want us to be but i dont want anyone to go out of there way to be a ass. But i like a good thread that makes u wanna discuss important issues.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.