Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
PbF Supp/Beer Expert
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday at my game i had an amazing head shot and I felt nausia and dizzy ness after. Yesterday i was still dizzy so i asked my trainer if she thinkgs it may be a concussion and she confirmed it. I did not go to school today but im still a little dizzy and I need to get back to football practice by tommorow our last game is on monday. Does anyone know anything to help a concussion and this is my first time on the computer within sunday and im starting to feel dizzy so I will be off soon.

tl;dr: read if you love me

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
tippmannfronter said:
Saturday at my game i had an amazing head shot and I felt nausia and dizzy ness after. Yesterday i was still dizzy so i asked my trainer if she thinkgs it may be a concussion and she confirmed it. I did not go to school today but im still a little dizzy and I need to get back to football practice by tommorow our last game is on monday. Does anyone know anything to help a concussion and this is my first time on the computer within sunday and im starting to feel dizzy so I will be off soon.

tl;dr: read if you love me
Wow. I'd like to congratulate you on the best written/punctuated thread/post you have ever made. I actually read the whole thing because I could understand it.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Get a lot of rest. But move around and see how much you can do.

Concussions suck, and can be different from person to person, call/go to a doctor and get real advice.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
cubsfan4life021 said:
Wow. I'd like to congratulate you on the best written/punctuated thread/post you have ever made. I actually read the whole thing because I could understand it.
You should hit yourself in the head more often.....

Actually - no pain killers at all (tylenol ok, but no narcotics), and take it easy. The reason you don't want the heavy narcs is that they can mask the effects of the concussion. You need to be acutely aware of wether or not you are slurring your words, having trouble walking, and able to make correct desicions. If you are impaired, it is impossible to differentiate an actual brain injury and the medicines.

Just be carefull, once gotten, concussions are easy to get again. Secondly, if you get to many concussions you can end up like Muhamed Ali and get a conditions known as Pugilistic Parkinsons Disorder. Basically you scramble your melon enough times, it will stay scrambled.

Take it easy and if you are not improved in a few days go see a doc ASAP!

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
I would recommend against playing in that game. As Medic stated, there is the risk of getting too many concussions, but an even more serious risk is compounding your concussions. Two concussions one week apart is way more serious than two concussions 6 months apart. The basic idea is that when you get a concussion, some nerve cells can be damaged (not always the case). Nerve cells don't repair or regrow, they're done forever, so your brain has to adapt in order to have other neurons become responsible for the functions that the damaged area was responsible, basically rewiring your brain. If you damage your brain again before it has recovered, it makes it much more difficult for your brain to recover. I think its known as cumulative concussions syndrome, its a very serious condition.

·
Registered
421 Posts
might wanna hit the bench for that game. If your that messed up your doing your team a favor by not playing anywyas!

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
eh I took a terrible concussion playing basket ball. went up for a layup and was swept from below some dude crashed into me. woke up in a hospital room. sucked hardcore. what you have to do is drink alot of water and sleep a bunch. like doc said stay clear of the tylenol ect because all it does is hides the pain. You could be doing stuff that is really hurting you more than helping. be really carefull about what you do now several concusions can lead to some major brain damage...And you don't have much to damage so be carefull...:tup

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
whatever you do, DON'T **** UP YOUR LIFE FOR HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL!! you aren't being paid millions of dollars like Aikman and Steve Young to play through concussions. don't let it make you any dumber, just sit it out. there'll be more games in the future if you sit one or 2 out, but you won't have any if you **** up your head

1 - 13 of 13 Posts