Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm a little confused about Bush's plans.
I respect Bush for what he's doing, he's trying to let them build their own government and defense up, but in the process we are still losing troops. Friends that I bowl with, friends in general have lost people in the war. My mom's friend *a pilot for airliners* lost a friend in the 9/11 attacks. Now we are at a high alert. Translated that means: churches, houses, businesses, anything and everything is a target for them now.

What are we still doing over there? I mean, we didn't put up with this b/s from japan, why don't we just do nagasaki and hiroshima all over again after we pull our troops out. I mean, screw the women and children and here's why. Arab woman has a boy....his dad dies in this war, what u think he's gonna want to do? A terrorist.

America is tolerating way too much. We've got so much technology, it's almost like we are afraid to use it.

Anybody wanna shed some light on the subject?

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
if we were gonna turn the middle east into a parking lot, we would've done it already.

We were in Japan for a long time after world war 2, i think it was 7 years or something like that.

Bush is helping get a stable government in place, so that Iraq doesnt fall to **** once we leave.

·
Registered
346 Posts
What I don't get is, Afghanastan attacked us (9/11), so we attack Iraq.

That's like saying "Canada attacked us, lets's attack New Hampshire!"
Plainly put, Bush is an idiot............

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
You truly are a dumbass, and I’m pretty sure your dead friend is happy she no longer has to put up with your utter stupidity.

Nuke the entire Middle East? Even though it might be a bit hard for you to comprehend, stick with me for a little bit. Not every Iraqi/Afghani are terrorists. Were talking about a very small minority.

Would you want to completely bomb D.C., or L.A. just to kill the gang members, even though there are tens of millions of innocent men, women and children?

Same damn thing.

You say you have friends that have known losses in this war, yet you go and say their attempts are futile, and that we should pull out, making their contributions, their deaths, their sacrifices worthless.

·
12,110 Posts
You genocidal racist ****. Not everyone in Iraq or in the middle east is our enemy. We struct nagasaki and hiroshima because they were big military cities. We could've easily strucken tokyo and killed even more people.

There are peopel over there just like your mom, just like your dad adn your brothers and sisters, neighbors. They're all human. They believe in a different religion, and just happen to be ruled by a powerful military coup.. But not anymore.

We also detained millions of japanese, and a lot of them died.

Hitler did the same thing to the jews.

So we shoudl just kill everyone in the middle east? No. Theres a lot of gangs in LA, and many of them happen to be black.. Hey lets bomb the **** out of africa.

Think\

EDIT: Chrome I <3 you. I wrote my post before you wrote your reply and we both used the same analogy.

EDITEDIT:

"What I don't get is, Afghanastan attacked us (9/11), so we attack Iraq.

Plainly put, Bush is an idiot............"

WEll, lets see.. We currently have a LOT of troops in Afghanistan.. You know why you just typed that? I'll tell you exactly why you think your first sentence, adn why you typed it out.

Your a victim of the media.

When's the last time youv'e seen any news about Afghanistan? Go and get the thickest newspaper you have, and I bet you there wont eb ANY articles about how we turned afghanistan from a no freedom terrorist training camp to a democratic nation where woman have more rights, where men can shave and listen to music.

People are so ignorant nowadays.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
what would the US accomplish by nuking iraq? just civilian casualties and a nuclear winter... afghanistan never attacked the US. it was the terrorists in afghanistan. and as for the us attack iraq? bush has several reasons for his desicion, whether theyre justified or not, its wasnt an act of aggression. one of the reasons he decided to invade iraq was the 'war on terror'. the iraq scenario is COMPLETELY different than japan. japan attacked the US because they thought it was unavoidable because they needed to invade the philippines for resources and expansion. the us dropped the bomb to save our own soldiers. its not like iraq attacked us and we're defending ourselves. we're simply trying to establish a government.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
the exact number of troops in Afghanistan are like 20K compared to 100K+ in Iraq.. Real overwhelming odds? Just clear me up if I'm wrong on my info, but I think we could use a little more troops in the search for Osama

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
Quit the hate, people.

Granted, I don't agree with his view (I'm with chrome and Alpha, as you all know VERY well) but instead of flaming the poor guy take it as an opportunity to show him the meaning of what we're doing in the Middle East and Afghanistan. He gets educated, and you don't get banned...it's a win-win situation.

Chromekilla's post hits the nail on the head. The terrorists are a very SMALL minority of the population. Otherwise, US servicemen and women would be dying in greater numbers. The vast majority of muslims condone these extremists, and even official religious bodies of Islam have rejected Osama bin Laden and his cronies as having any legitimate claims for their actions (most recently the Muslim Clerics in Spain have issued a fatwa, or official Islamic edict, against bin Laden), going so far as to declare them anything BUT followers of Islam.

Don't generalize and say we should nuke the Middle East...the war on terrorism is NOTHING like the wars of the past. What makes them different is that in a conventional war NATIONS fight each other based on loyalty to their homeland and that of their allies; in the war on terrorism, the threat comes from WITHIN a nation. That is why terrorists are cowards- they know they cannot win, so they go for the innocent civilian population to prove their points. They KNOW they are weak, so that's why they don't group together and fight their enemies head on. I never have and never will have any respect for a person who has to use cowardly means to prove their point.

I HIGHLY recommend reading What We're Fighting For by Dinesh D'Souza. Yes, it's biased towards the right, but makes the most comprehensive and fact-based argument for the war on terrorism I've ever seen.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I understand what were doing perfectly. It's just the fact that I'm tired of losing soldiers.........We could be there forever before they get a stable government. I'm not saying that two rights make a wrong, but we need to get rid of the terrorist threat before it happens. How would you feel if your mother/father/son/daughter/2 year old was in the attack?

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Well, define coward. Sometimes you don't have to take super "action" to make a point. Look at the Africa protestor from the 50s, I can't remember his name, but he just fasted to make his point. Starving untill the government gave in to more humane rights, and actually i think he over through his government by just fasting and getting the people on his side.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Alpha said:
EDITEDIT:

"What I don't get is, Afghanastan attacked us (9/11), so we attack Iraq.

Plainly put, Bush is an idiot............"

WEll, lets see.. We currently have a LOT of troops in Afghanistan.. You know why you just typed that? I'll tell you exactly why you think your first sentence, adn why you typed it out.

Your a victim of the media.

When's the last time youv'e seen any news about Afghanistan? Go and get the thickest newspaper you have, and I bet you there wont eb ANY articles about how we turned afghanistan from a no freedom terrorist training camp to a democratic nation where woman have more rights, where men can shave and listen to music.

People are so ignorant nowadays.
No, my best friend is fighting in Iraq, I was in Iraq, fighting for our country.(I'm home now) I'm speaking from a first person view, so phuck off. :) (JK about the "phuck off" line) I just get mad when people at home think they know what's going on.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WARPED1 said:
No, my best friend is fighting in Iraq, I was in Iraq, fighting for our country.(I'm home now) I'm speaking from a first person view, so phuck off. :) (JK about the "phuck off" line) I just get mad when people at home think they know what's going on.
Damn james, I never knew u were in iraq, guess that's why u weren't on. Glad ta have ya home man, don't know what we'd do without ya.

·
12,110 Posts
Saddam was a threat to the US, adn dont' give me any BS that he wasn't. So is North Korea, so was the Taliban (but kinda indirectly for sheltering the taliban).

We belong in Iraq, and I'd gladly go there to fight for my country.

EDIT: I know I dont know whats going on, thas why I know. thumup: I always say close your eyes so you can see. And the fact that the War in Afghanistan was oging on for 3 years before Iraq, and the fact that we crushed Afghanistan becuase the taliban was an actual standing government.

In Iraq, we fought the republican guard and we wiped them out quickly. Then, the terorrists came in and started to take pot shots, throw IED's and just be pricks.

The threat in Iraq at the start of the IRaqi war was WAY more serious then the threat in Afghanistan.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Problem is............it's going to take a long time, and we've already lost an ass load of people. I'll die for my country, but not in vain. Anotherwords, I'm takin some iraqi mother****ers out.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Iraq was a threat, but its still hazy beginning of all this after 9/11, actually, it all starts on the day of 9/11. Why didn't bush bomb the hell out of Afghanistan? He could have done it..I'm just bothered by un anwsered questions...

·
Premium Member
3,281 Posts
Alpha said:
We could've easily strucken tokyo and killed even more people.
not there was much left of it after we firebombed it :p

anyways, chill out with the flames guys, I'm not saying it was undeserved, but we have to try and keep this somewhat civil

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
WARPED1 said:
What I don't get is, Afghanastan attacked us (9/11), so we attack Iraq.

Plainly put, Bush is an idiot............
No kidding!

Its like Japan attacking us (Pearl Harbor), so we attack Germany.
Plainly put, Roosevelt was an idiot..........

Sigh.
Do we even TEACH HISTORY in grade school anymore?
Heck, doesnt ANYONE EVEN WATCH THE NEWS?

The middle east consists of FACIST ISLAMIC TERROR NATIONS. Not much different then the FACIST nations we fought 60 years ago.
It is this FACIST ISLAMIC CULTURE that led to 9/11. That is an indisputable fact. They are raised, and taught to be monsters.

So the bigger question is how can we prevent another 9/11? Remove FACISM from the middle east. How is that possible? Introduce a seed of democracy.

So, we did that, and what was the direct results?
Free electrions in Afganistan.
Free elections in Iraq.
Free elections in Eqypt.
Free elections in Saudi
Lebanon boots out Syrian facists.
Lybia folds to USA pressure.

Some countries are have the first FREE electrions in THOUSANDS OF YEARS. Can you bush-haters even comprehend that? Are you so blind with ignorant hatred that you can not admit that he did something right?

But its probobly a moot point. If your askng "why are we there", then it means you fell asleep during history class, and are not in a position to make such conjectures.

Nick

1 - 20 of 65 Posts