Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Pedobear Supporter
2,526 Posts
Wait, you're blaming it on South Park? The only thing that South Park did was joke about it. It sure isn't South Park's fault that some idiot kids took it seriously.

I can't believe ANYONE takes what South Park says seriously... Oh, humanity.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's most definitely come as a result of the jokes made on South Park.

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
Wrong. It's most definitely come as a result of the stupidity of humans. It's south parks fault just like its Grand Theft Auto's fault every time a kid shoots someone.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wrong. It's most definitely come as a result of the stupidity of humans. It's south parks fault just like its Grand Theft Auto's fault every time a kid shoots someone.
Prior to that episode of South Park, you hardly ever heard outlandish "ginger kid" bashing. Prior to GTA, people shot eachother all the time. No doubt the kids involved were ****ing stupid, but there's no doubt that that episode and it's ridiculous following was what lead them to express their stupidity in the form of beating up on 'ginger kids'.

You're right, ultimately it comes down to the people being stupid and actually acting on the satire shown in South Park; however, they definitely got the idea from South Park and all the retarded 'ginger' bashing facebook groups and crap that have sprung up as a result of it.

(I enjoy South Park, but I also recognize that they often go too far and stupid **** can happen)

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
Prior to that episode of South Park, you hardly ever heard outlandish "ginger kid" bashing. Prior to GTA, people shot eachother all the time. No doubt the kids involved were ****ing stupid, but there's no doubt that that episode and it's ridiculous following was what lead them to express their stupidity in the form of beating up on 'ginger kids'.

You're right, ultimately it comes down to the people being stupid and actually acting on the satire shown in South Park; however, they definitely got the idea from South Park and all the retarded 'ginger' bashing facebook groups and crap that have sprung up as a result of it.

(I enjoy South Park, but I also recognize that they often go too far and stupid **** can happen)

If South Park causes ginger hate crimes, do they also cause Mongolian hate crimes? I mean come on, all they do is break down chitty walls!! Damn Mongrorians!!

Those who will hurt others because they are different are like that as people. Cartoons don't make normally upstanding citizens become perpetrators of hate crimes.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
I'm not familiar with the "ginger prank" but I'm assuming it has something to do with being absurdly mean to someone with red hair. Anyway, that's not really important so I won't even bother looking into it.

I think that jokes like this on South Park don't encourage kids to do stupid/nasty things. Crimes are going to be committed regardless what South Park makes jokes about, but I think that maybe this "ginger prank" just takes that pre-existing stupidity and gives kids another way to unleash their stupid/nasty tendencies (beyond the run of the mill abusing other kids). I'm sure these abuses wouldn't have been committed if South Park never put the idea into kids heads (why the hell else would people pick on kids with red hair?), but I'm sure some other form of abuse would've ultimately been committed.

I'm not supporting South Park- I've seen parts of it and don't really think it's funny or tasteful, but I doubt that violent cartoons is big reason we get violent kids (although I'm sure they don't help).

If anything I said doesn't make sense or is invalid due to my utter lack of understanding of South Park, let me know.

·
Erect member.
2,323 Posts
The REAL problem is that Canada=Gey, as also shown on south park.

P.s. as a red-headed stepchild (no joke), I honestly believe that no matter what the media ever tells you, whether through T.V., video games, movies, radio, whatever, common sense should prevail, and in reality it is all down to the actual individuals involved being idiots. If it wasn't Kick a Ginger Day, they would still be complete douchebags taking things like dodgeball too damn far. And I'm not talking about the kids that throw really hard: I'm talking about the kids that punch you with a ball in their hands to try to make it look like it's a legal hit. Yeah, those assholes.

Don't hate the game, hate the players.

Edit: Don't hate the players, or the game. Hate Canada!

·
Shnazberries!
385 Posts
seriously......REALY

why is society such panssies about stuff now and days

some kid got kicked because hes a ginger. so what i cant say ****** in school but black people call me a cracker and honkey all day

jesus drop some nuts people

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No but really, psychological studies show that television doesn't have a direct effect on behavior (if someone was going to be violent, etc. they just would have been anyways) with or without influence from TV.

Thanks AP Psych.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
No but really, psychological studies show that television doesn't have a direct effect on behavior (if someone was going to be violent, etc. they just would have been anyways) with or without influence from TV.

Thanks AP Psych.
So, what you're saying is, I'm absolutely right?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Thanks AP Psych.
That's strange, my psych profs and text book say otherwise.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts