Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm not entirely new to paintball, I use to play about haha almost 10 years ago. When I was playing smartparts was just known for barrels.

I need help finding a marker, mid range probably.
The SP Epiphany caught my eye the price seems fair for a decent gun.
I always liked Autocockers but I have no idea where to start with them.
Airgun Design emag I use to love because of how quiet my friends was, yet they seem non-existent now.

Could anyone offer me some advice? I've tried searching and reading on pbreview but information seems dated. Thanks for any input.

·
Thats "Chief" to you...
1,671 Posts
first, welcome back.

As opposed to an epiphany, may I recommend a used dm4/5. Cockers are fine, but the resale is terrible, and there are better markers for the price. I loved my DM4, super consistant, super quiet, everything you could want, a bit heavier than my ego, but very close. Either way, I would definately buy used.

Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input!

I've been looking on ebay... is there another place you would suggest I look to buy from? I noticed the new DM7/DM8 are expensive as hell, so great advice.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

·
394 Posts
Pbnation is a great place to buy used.

PM7's are going for 400 used, and they are really nice. If you don't wanna buy used look into the PMR or the Invert Mini. I also love my etek and my 06 ego, great guns and they never give me any problems.

Good luck.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
So I'm not entirely new to paintball, I use to play about haha almost 10 years ago. When I was playing smartparts was just known for barrels.

I need help finding a marker, mid range probably.
The SP Epiphany caught my eye the price seems fair for a decent gun.
I always liked Autocockers but I have no idea where to start with them.
Airgun Design emag I use to love because of how quiet my friends was, yet they seem non-existent now.

Could anyone offer me some advice? I've tried searching and reading on pbreview but information seems dated. Thanks for any input.
The midrange market is flooded! It's great. The biggest thing to watch out for is build quality. There's a reason some of those guns are so cheap.

Autocockers can be had for really cheap, emags aren't going to go for below $400 last I checked. Look into maybe a gen 2 intimidator, used egos or eteks, maybe a used shocker.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
Timmies are but cheap right now. 05 or 05'd guns are going for as little as 250! The stupid thing is a slightly larger version of the ego everyone raves about, and it really shoots better than any of them. Less kick, upgrades that actually make it shoot worth a durn.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thanks for the input!

I've been looking on ebay... is there another place you would suggest I look to buy from? I noticed the new DM7/DM8 are expensive as hell, so great advice.

Anyone else have any suggestions?
price doesnt = a good gun so make sure to check out the cheaper ones too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
price doesnt = a good gun so make sure to check out the cheaper ones too.
Yeah I was originally looking in the epiphany range and it seemed like a decent gun but some people did seem opposed to them as a good gun.

Whats the most I should pay for a DM4/5?

Thanks everyone.

·
bow chicka
2,640 Posts
depends on the condition and any upgrades/modifications they have on them

dm4 350-450
dm5 400-500

last time i checked
if even now, a used DM4/5/6, Ego5/6, fusion, SLG,or mini would be the best guns to get. Get some decent goggles first (prolly something like odl school V-force profilers for cheap) then a nice air tank and hopper. You can carry all those over to future markers that you would want to upgrade to later. ALso there are a few essential marker upgrades that you should purchase that will improve your marker a ton or save you much money in the long run.

IMO, i like buying new guns (like the Fusion that will be in your price range) rather than used guns or such. A Great starter setyup would be a Crossfire 68/45, DP fusion, CP 1 piece classic barrel, and a vlocity Jr. Thats a GREAT starter package. The design of the fusion is so easy to work on and fix, its a snap to pick up on even if you never seen a paintball gun before.

·
Registered
101 Posts
lol i love my fusion! great marker, best for its price, consider its such a high end for a low price i got mine for 290 brand spanking new, never been happier. love the RAPS and customer service cant be beat.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I jsut traded my Epiphany for a UL'd PMR and I do not regret it. Now that I got the gun working(Guy woh owned it before me went into the guns settings not knowing ANYTHING about it so I had to go behind him and undo EVERYTHING.

PMR
Mini
SLG
Epiphany(mine shot great, just like the feel of the PMR better)
DM5(I wouln't get a DM4, there are better guns for the price, though they did revolutionize the paintball world)
etek/06 ego
Many Many more options(try to find a nice used cyborg, they shoot pretty darn good)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also recommend the Dangerous Power Fusion F8. It is definitely hard to beat in the sub $450 range. Top notch quality, and very accurate. Check out Paintball Gateway. They have a sweet deal on Fusion F8s where they throw in a nice electronic hopper, or give you credit towards any hopper you want. I think it is an Evo 3 they are giving away. Thats like a $90 hopper. Not the best hopper, but works well with the gun. I went with an Empire B hopper, and love it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone you have helped a lot! I'll probably go for the F8... The Threshold looks bad ass but it's simply too much just for the looks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts