Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Administrator
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DirectPaintball.com Logo Contest

Contest ends January 1, 2003. Winner will be selected by January 14, 2003.

I have decided that DirectPaintball.com needs a new, and better logo. I have seen some of your guys sigs and other work and know some of you have excellent design tallent. The current logo is "alright", but that is about the extent of it. I would like a new logo that incorporates a player's shadow into the background that would look dead ***y on both webpages and hoppers / clothing.

The Prize:
The winner gets a check for $50.

Logo Design:
We are looking for a professional quality logo. Sized at least 150 dpi and at least 600 pixels wide. Try to keep it to less than 6 colors for shirts and clothing printing. There can however be 16 million colors in a web ready image. Please try to make the image on a transparent background in a high quality format like .psp. Check out our website at http://www.directpaintball.com I would like to see the logo integrated into the top bar where our current logo is (top right). Creativity is a bonus! Be creative and if you have more than one idea, go ahead and post them all. Please make sure not to use any copyrighted materials in your logos unless you are the copyright holder... ie other peoples pics.

Rules:
To submit your logo, please post it in this thread (you will need to resize and rescale to 25k to upload). Only 1 logo can win... there may be no winner. If after all the logos have been submitted, none meet up to our standards there will be no winner. Payment will be $50 US dollars to the winner via money order... open to US residents only.

Here is the logo we have now:

The new logo needs to be much better. Well good luck and if you have any questions, please contact me at [email protected]

Mark
aka Cobra

·
Administrator
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey... I like that. I is impressive. My AIM screename is directpaintball

It is finals week here at school so I won't be on until Friday night probably. If you drop me your AIM ID, I will get in touch with you.

The first draft is very well done. It is similar to what I have now, but at the same time much better. I want the logo to integrate well into the webpage, and this does. I also need the logo to be easy to print on T-Shirts, etc.

I think you are really on to something here. I know I want a player in the logo for sure and the sight with the paintsplay also looks very good. It draws your eye to the DirectPaintball.com lettering... which ultimately is what I want users to remember.

I have to get back to the physiology book here, but IM me if I am online sometime. AIM directpaintball

Looks cool.

mark

·
Registered
105 Posts
Cobra said:
Hey... I like that. I is impressive. My AIM screename is directpaintball

It is finals week here at school so I won't be on until Friday night probably. If you drop me your AIM ID, I will get in touch with you.

The first draft is very well done. It is similar to what I have now, but at the same time much better. I want the logo to integrate well into the webpage, and this does. I also need the logo to be easy to print on T-Shirts, etc.

I think you are really on to something here. I know I want a player in the logo for sure and the sight with the paintsplay also looks very good. It draws your eye to the DirectPaintball.com lettering... which ultimately is what I want users to remember.

I have to get back to the physiology book here, but IM me if I am online sometime. AIM directpaintball

Looks cool.

mark
Okay ill hit ya up on aim :D

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Some one IM me i am having troble hosting my pic because i dont have a website and it only allows 25kb attachments

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
VAPaintBalla said:
So far this is what I have come up with...Let me know what changes you want, be specific and if you arent sure, give me some ideas so I can come up with something else.

Who is that in the pic? If you use his image you have to check with him if its ok first;)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts

lets see if that works becuase i got it down to size....oh it wonk img tag or link so copy and paste the url into your browser window....

·
Registered
949 Posts
Too remind everyone do not use any unothorized pictures off of websites. Ask someone at the website before using it. If perhaps directpaintball.com used this image they could be sued for a whole hell of a lot of money.

TeamDBT

·
Registered
105 Posts
TeamDBT said:
Too remind everyone do not use any unothorized pictures off of websites. Ask someone at the website before using it. If perhaps directpaintball.com used this image they could be sued for a whole hell of a lot of money.

TeamDBT
Since I feel that this is directed towards me, I have emailed the site the pictures were taken from, and currently waiting for a reply.

·
baller for life
1,231 Posts
Aggression said:
Heres mine. I want to enter really bad but I cant make anything that good. So I figureed I would enter this. It has Character . :rolleyes:

your a genious man, if i owned a site i would seriously have that as my logo except for maybe the "know where you live" for legal reasons of course but theyd get the point:D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts