Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I've been wanting to go pump for a wihle, first I wanted to get a maverick, then I heard bad things about the mav, so now I'm looking into a sniper II. I have the money and everything, I'm willing to do this. But my dad feels that its just a waste of money. He says if I want to only shoot 500 balls a day than I should just pull the trigger less. I also say it will improve my skills and give me more of a rush, and challenge me and make me better, he calls it bull. I need help from you guys on this one. He also thinks paintball is a never ending money pit. And basically thinks I might as well flush a few hundred washingtons down the toilet. I need your help here guys.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Christian said:
first off, get a phantom if anything. secondly, buy it behind his back. Thats what I've done.
no, its a sniper II, zidane was ranting about how he hated his phantom. Sorry I can't really buy it behind his back. I need help more convincing than finding loopholes, but thanks anyways.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Go phantom.

Just say its the new craze, and you want to be cool. Then be like "you wouldn't want me to be ghey now would you dad?" and he'll be like ah hell no. Then he'll go out and buy it for you. Just like that. :)

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I told him it improves my game but I didnt explain how. Like I said it but I gave no evidence or backing, thats where you guys come in. And whats with this whole phantom thing? I want the sniper, I have a cocker threaded barrel kit, a sniper's like the only kind of pump I can buy because of that.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Phantoms suck. They don't feel right. I shot one yesterday.

Just tell him that if you get a pump you will end up spending less money than before. While the gun may cost 200, you will be saving around 30 per day of paintball.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Get a phantom.

Spiner II is a cocker without a ram and we don't want cockers here now do we?

Ziddy's phantom sucked *No offence* Rock stock class fo sho. I got like 60 shots per 12gram.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Have you even shot a sniper 2? Try a ccm j2 before you go saying that snipers suck. It is one of the nicest pumps money can buy. If you want to play stock class get the phantom. But playing stock class will not help improve your semi skills because it is a much smaller and lighter gun, so your playing style will be different. If you get the sniper 2 it will be a able to help you with snap shooting because it is similar in size and shape to a defiant. As for your parents not wanting you to buy it, get on your bike, ride to the bank, get some money, go to the post office, and send out a MO.

D

·
0 Posts
just tell ask em what he would rather you spend the money on, a new pump or drugs/booze...

and people saying phantoms suck, shut up.

·
Registered
181 Posts
how it improves your skill... it makes you have to use your mind and body more. instead of just sitting at your bunker popping off 15 bps, you have to move a ton to the front, then you have to learn to snap shoot more. you can't just walk towards a guys bunker while shooting it. you have to use tactics more too, in the woods you can try to get behind them, and you can use stealth to get really close to them. the point is you CAN'T just sit in the back bunker all day shooting off a billion paintballs. you could just say pull the trigger less, but with a semi, whenever you have a good shot, you just feel like you have to pop off 5-10 rounds. also, when you get an elimination with a pump, it's a lot mroe rewarding, i'll tell you, your first pump elimination will be as fullfilling as your first eliminatoin at all. or your first time bunkering someone.

hope that helps :)

·
Banned
14 Posts
Well, paintball is a never-ending money pit, lol. Pumps improve your aim because whenever you shoot you have to re-aim it. It also makes it more of a challenge, because they are shooting 10x more bps than you. It ALSO saves a crapload of money on paintballs.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
D_Smalls said:
you are forced to move more too... umm tell em itll keep ya in shape
I am in shape. If thats the case we shoulda gotten barber a pump for his birthday, just kiddin barber, much <3. Thanks for the help guys, I'm still not sure whether to go pump or upgrade the hell outta my defiant. Its a tough decision, I choose one, then I choose the other.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a situation kinda like that. My dad thinks its a waste of money to get a paintball and he wants me to get a tippmann. He's a lawyer so that just makes it even harder. I don't think that telling him "would u rather me buy booze and drugs" will help. Neither will buying it behind his back. If u have an older brother who spent a lot of money on something then u can just say " Why can he waste his money on a $2000 computer whereas I can't spend mine on a paintball gun." It's really hard getting them to budge but if u annoy them about the qualities of paintball then im sure he will eventualy pull through. Thats what im gonna do, just annoy him until he can't take it anymore.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dhill0413 said:
sell ur defiant
Definitely not. I'd never sell my defiant, that'd be like selling my soul. If I sell it I won't get the money its worth for it, so I might as well upgrade it cheap.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Spyder3188 said:
Have you even shot a sniper 2? Try a ccm j2 before you go saying that snipers suck. It is one of the nicest pumps money can buy. .

j2's are nice but not evey one has 750 to drop on a [ump wich still needs air and a hopper.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts