• Ewww

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the pictures of the Dodge police car and I love how the little pushbar with the lights looks on the front, generally I just think the cop car looks bitchin'. So, if I did get a Charger I was thinking of putting the bar on there with my HID fog lights (and maybe rig up some strobes in them for fun.) So, would the pushbar be too redneck or is it alright? :)

I don't know, maybe it's because I always drove trucks.

Pictures:

P.S. This is why cop cars get good traction in winter, they carry all this crap in the trunk:

·
Registered
920 Posts
I wouldnt call it to rednecky, but then again I am what most people would call a redneck, so I dont know if I really count. But personally I think it looks badass. I'd go for it if i were you.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zeruel said:
But personally I think it looks badass.
That's exactly what I thought. When I saw the picture my exact words were "that's pretty badass". I guess push bars on a Charger are ok, after all, the General Lee had one......then again, that car was about as rednecky as you can get.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
I voted 'alright', because aside from looking cool, what would you use it for? I mean, if you actually need it, then go for it. Otherwise it's kind of like huge spoilers or a fart can, or a huge lift on a truck that doesn't go off-roading.

-Jin

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jinjiro said:
I voted 'alright', because aside from looking cool, what would you use it for? I mean, if you actually need it, then go for it. Otherwise it's kind of like huge spoilers or a fart can, or a huge lift on a truck that doesn't go off-roading.

-Jin
Well, I have one on my truck now and it's saved me quite a few times in two different ways. First, it saved my trucks three times from people trying to run/back into me, it's also saved the front of my truck from stones on the job site. The second way it saved me is with the off-road lights. I was on my way back to school in PA in a blinding rain storm and without my super bright off-road lights I would have crashed into the pile up ahead of me. Plus, if need be you can use it like the cops do and spin people out. :smokin

So, it's a little more functional than a fart can or spoiler, but I wont say it isn't just as much for looks. :)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
police cars in my area are chargers, and they are the slowest cars ever :)

(v6's)

cops keep complaining in trenton because they cant keep up in car chases

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
PAT McCORMICK said:
police cars in my area are chargers, and they are the slowest cars ever :)

(v6's)

cops keep complaining in trenton because they cant keep up in car chases
They should have bought the V8's, (which blow the Impalas and Crown Vics away by over a second), but they cheapened out, figures. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
920 Posts
On second thought, if you do it, definately get the brush gaurd covers for the main headlights. They dont have them on there, but I think you know what i mean. I think it would look better, my boss has the same bars as those, except his are chrome and have the brush gaurds for the lights.... and its on a truck. I guess it just looks weird considering everyone around here has them lol.

EDIT: And up here we call them bambi-smashers for obvious reasons.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts