Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'd really appreciate some help on the matter. In short, I'm messing with an X7 Phenom that I can purchase for a good price if I can get to the bottom of its' former owners' poor care. I've long wanted a Phenom, and I'm itching to get this baby tip top. I've rebuilt a 98 Custom and A-5 that were in rough shape, but this is a new animal, and the buildup is much worse.

The majority of the screws and pushpins I'll be replacing, as well as springs, ball detent and other inexpensive parts, but I need tips on removing the sludge and paintball build-up from the internals without damaging the marker. I haven't opened it entirely yet as I'm on my way to the store to purchase a drill bit to remove one of the (two) stripped allen screws, and then the adventure begins. I need advice on lubricants, oils, and abrasive pads etc. to get the job done right. Also, the marker features a paint job that I'd like to remove. Any tips on this? I'll get to painting it proper when the time is right. Thanks so much!

- Kendall

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
A toothbrush and some warm water usually get rid of buildup and sludge. I've found that steel work works really great as well.

Acetone will remove any paint job, but I bet it will also remove the powder coating that was put on from the factory as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts