Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just post info and what you think about corvettes here.
I am a fan of them have one in my garage me and my friend are about to rebuild, it is a 1972 stingray, 350 4speed, and has been sitting for 17 years for some reason but kept in storage. It will be our summer project.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
your project sounds sweet...post pics of the progress and stuff

i personally hate the new corvetted...i dont like the looks of them...i like the older ones a lot

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Huge huge fan of Vettes! It's probably because my dad is obsessed with them. He had 3, I forgot what years exactly, but all were 60s I belive. It kills him when he realizes he sold his first Vette for like $3500. He tells me all of his drag stories, back when it was normal to have stop-light races. Fun times...

-Jin

·
Registered
778 Posts
I like corvettes, really like the early models and the C5. The new C6 is ok, but for some reason the Z-06 version I really like, maybe it's what's under the hood? :smokin

I also really like my friends C5 TT Lingenfelter vette pushing over 1000hp. thumup:

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Like the stingrays look, loved the shark nose vettes look (especially with the side pipes), didn't like anything after that, now I like the C6 Z06. I was never a huge vette fan (I'm a Cobra guy which was basically the Vettes direct competition), but I love the motors (327 being my favorite).

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
i really wish i had the money to build up a car. I'd love to buy a 67 stang off of a buddy of mine to fix up, honestly, they're just sitting around his garage...

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Snip3r said:
Sting rays are so nice...dad has one with a built ass 502 wedge. has the front end extended 9 inches, looked like a bat mobile. Other then that the new one is soooo awesome...italian influence=pwns
Didn't know they made a 502 wedge?? Who builds it?

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
No offense to muscle car fans, but in this day in age of oil expense, is it really worth it?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Absolutely, and the gas mileage isn't as bad as most people think. Corvettes have great fuel management system these days and if you can afford a classic vette you can afford the gas.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Snowsk5054 said:
Girl I am kinda seeing, her parents have a 1979 Corvette stingray....she is getting it next year...cant wait to drive it...
While they look gorgeous, if the engine is stock those things are slow...it was a bad time for performance. I'd cruise in it anyway.

Lets all go buy 1983 corvettes!

·
Registered
882 Posts
If I had a Corvette Stinger, I would really care much about the engine. Those things are sick! I mean, I would care, and I would probably pimp the engine to the extreme, but that kinda car, I wouldnt really care that much...those things are sick!

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
The 70's vettes wern't really Stingrays, they were shark nose vettes. They're also pretty cheap, you can find them for about $10,000-$15,000.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts