Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
change the Sear on my 98 to that of a custom pro, so it would work with an e-grip?

or would i need other mods to make it compatable?

·
Registered
19 Posts
The sear isn't you problem, it's the receiver half. The 98C grip frame was not made to accept an E-Grip. You could either mill the heck out of you right grip or buy a Custom Pro half for $60.

·
Registered
77 Posts
yes you surely can change the sear between the 98 custom and the custom pro, at least in part because they are (from my understanding) the same, however jimbo is right abou the problem being the grip halves, but wait theres more if you have a new 98 custom (forget the exact year) then the e-grip is a drop in (they changed to A-5/custom pro grip halves)

·
Registered
19 Posts
when did you buy it? They changed the 98 Customs to be able to accept the E-Grip in early/mid 2005, so if you bought it before that you are out of luck.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok...

i have a brand spankin new 98 custom. so all i have to do is get a right-reciever half from a custom pro and it will fit my left-reciever half. then i can drop in an e-grip?

·
Registered
126 Posts
SEARCH! There are atleast 5 threads in the last month about the sears and how to tell if it's new or old.

I don't think just one half of the receiver will do. You'll need both. The parts will swap easily except you'll need the new sear and a new sear spring. Custom Pro receiver halves from a certain tippmann parts store that goes by the same name, which I'm not allowed to mention, will run for about $120 total plus another $20 for a sear and spring. Just buy 98 Custom halves, from that same store, and they're EXACTLY the same (except for the name on the side), and only cost about $64 total for both halves.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and these 98 custom halves are e-grip compatable?

·
Registered
77 Posts
tippmanpwner said:
what should i search for?
try in this thread
Flyboy1986 said:
yes you surely can change the sear between the 98 custom and the custom pro, at least in part because they are (from my understanding) the same, however jimbo is right abou the problem being the grip halves, but wait theres more if you have a new 98 custom (forget the exact year) then the e-grip is a drop in (they changed to A-5/custom pro grip halves)
Master_Jimbo said:
when did you buy it? They changed the 98 Customs to be able to accept the E-Grip in early/mid 2005, so if you bought it before that you are out of luck.
both of us have said that if you have a new 98c mid 2005 or newer from what jimbo said then it will work, in the future SEARCH OR READ it will make people here hate you less thumup:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts