Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its countdown to Tookie Toosday!!!

They'll pull the switch when governor Schwarzenegger sez...ASTA LA VISTA BABY!

Buh Bye you gangbanging murdering bastard!

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
ahnold is dreading doing anything. he'll be *****ed about either way. but i think he should have been dead years ago. when is that damn expressline to the death penalty gonna be built here in cali like it is in texas?

·
Anne Coulter's #1 Fan
4,291 Posts
zpyro said:
ahnold is dreading doing anything. he'll be *****ed about either way. but i think he should have been dead years ago. when is that damn expressline to the death penalty gonna be built here in cali like it is in texas?
When they make it less racially unbalanced?

·
6,721 Posts
ComradeMolyneux said:
When they make it less racially unbalanced?
no, when they stop taking a decade to euthanize those proven guilty. one appeal, 1 year-2 tops on death row and that's it.

and it doesn't matter how you've become a better person. prison is for rehabilitation, i.e. lesser crimes. death row is for people who deserve it.

that said, if the families and friends of the victims personally forgive the person of the crime, then they should simply get life in prison, or at least many years. some people don't believe in the "Eye for an eye" idea, which is fine. but I do. if you kill someone and are convicted for such, you should have your life taken the way you took the victim's.

·
Anne Coulter's #1 Fan
4,291 Posts
zpyro said:
no, when they stop taking a decade to euthanize those proven guilty. one appeal, 1 year-2 tops on death row and that's it.

and it doesn't matter how you've become a better person. prison is for rehabilitation, i.e. lesser crimes. death row is for people who deserve it.

that said, if the families and friends of the victims personally forgive the person of the crime, then they should simply get life in prison, or at least many years. some people don't believe in the "Eye for an eye" idea, which is fine. but I do. if you kill someone and are convicted for such, you should have your life taken the way you took the victim's.
So what do we do with people who are innocent but found guilty and executed? After their death, does the family get the right to kill the Judge, Jury or the executioner? Seeing as how you would like to base laws on retribution, retaliation and revenge?

·
Registered
986 Posts
personally i would like to do away with capital punishment on the one grounds that life in solitary confinement is 10x worse. i know that could never happen though for FAR to many reasons. ComradeMolyneux on your comment about wrongfully accused people that are killed. yes it does happen and the only acceptable solution to it would be for it to never happen. but i belive with appeals, better technology, and better investigations being done the chances of this happening are slimmer, but it's not perfect.

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
Im not sure what i think about his execution. On one hand, he committed murder 4x( they were gang members, but still). However, i doubt anyone would disagree that the founder of the most notorious street gang in history that has had a change of heart in prison might be able to do things to benifit society. I think its a bad situation either way.

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
the death penelty is a waste. in this case it is obvious, he turned around and improved society, effectively SAVING far more lives they he took. i do believe he should pay for what he has done, but is the death penelty the answer? i never think it is. not because its inhumane, screw that, but because i see it as a way out. would you rather die or rot in jail until you grow old and die. in prision you suffer for what you did, you live in a state of constant fear and bank on hallow dreams to get you through. horrible existance. knowing i was gonna be in prision my whole life id pray for the injection. besides, the arguement that the death penelty is cheaper is bull****. all the appeals and the actual killing of the man ends up costing as much or more then life in prision. it just doesnt make sense to me on any level on how someone can support the death penelty

again, im not coming from a humanitarian point of view. it logically makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The Death Penelty sucks. It doesn't deter crime (never has a murderer towered over his victim, knief ready, only t remeber that theres a death penelty and run away), they get the wrong guy sometimes (though once is enough), and every country in the world except the ****ty ones (china, iran, etc) has gotten rid of it.

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
2 legit said:
Im not sure what i think about his execution. On one hand, he committed murder 4x( they were gang members, but still). However, i doubt anyone would disagree that the founder of the most notorious street gang in history that has had a change of heart in prison might be able to do things to benifit society. I think its a bad situation either way.

umm, no...

tookie killed 4 people, none gang related. he went to a hotel, robbed them and killed an elderly couple and their grown daughter I believe. Then went and robbed a a 7/11 and killed the guy working there. He later boasted about the gurgling sound the man made as he died.

During the trial he plotted to have several sheriff's and some guy testifying against him murdered. When the jurors read their conviction of him he looked at the jurors and mouthed "I'm going to get each and every one of you mother****ers."

Sounds like an innocent man huh?

In jail he repeatedly assaulted guards and other inmates all the way up to 1993 when he suddenly realized he had to change his act or he would get the death penalty he should have got in '81. Funny how just about every person on death row changes for the better. Sure he supposedly helped a few kids stay out of gangs but that doesn't matter in this case.

the govenator didn't grant clemency because tookie never once admitted he killed those people and never showed remorse for it. He didn't get the death penalty for creating the crips, he got it for murdering people.

I'm just glad the govenator wasn't a "girly man", tookie deserved to die and he got what was coming to him.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
you guys are lost. he did nothing good in jail. he signed his name on other peoples books therefore making people believe he put pen to paper. started inner city clubs...or had them started in his name.

he said very clearly a couple weeks ago that he was sorry for being a gang member but not for the people he hurt. have you seen the pictures of the people he killed. most of them korean women or elderly people. many with shot gun blasts to the face or an execution style back of the head. thats not someone that is in rehabilitation. theres too many people in california anyway.

·
6,721 Posts
ComradeMolyneux said:
So what do we do with people who are innocent but found guilty and executed? After their death, does the family get the right to kill the Judge, Jury or the executioner? Seeing as how you would like to base laws on retribution, retaliation and revenge?
oh ok, so we'll go with that and go on a logical extension and just not punish ANYBODY for ANY crime, because they JUST MIGHT be innocent :rolleyes: the fact of the matter is that he was found guilty beyond all reasonable doubt by the jury and the judge. that's the way the court works, if you're found guilty then there must have been evidence enough to prove to a certain amount of your peers that you're guilty.

and the law IS based on retribution, as well as deterrency, rehabilitation and isolation. it is retributive in that it punishes those for what they've done, usually in a way that is deemed equal to the crime committed; it is (supposed to be) a deterrent, so people don't commit crimes for fear of going to prison or receiving the death penalty; (supposed to be) rehabilitative in that it helps people to become better citizens, which is closer to deterrent because they'd rather not go back; and isolating in that it removes them from society. don't try to make me out to be someone who bases the law on something, because that's how the law is

i think capital punishment should stay, and should in fact be even more prevalent. take for example the countries where your hand/fingers are cut off if you're caught stealing, or you're sent directly to the firing squad if you kill someone. now, would any normal person want to steal if they knew that, if caught, their hand/fingers would be cut off? compare that to somebody who is instead only sent to jail for a short amount of time and forced to pay a fine. now in which case would it be more common for the crime to be committed?

i'd stay and debate more but i have to go take my sex final:D

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
its fact that rapists/murderers who get let free from jail because they were supposedly "rehabilitated" are more likely than not to kill/rape

·
6,721 Posts
NYY said:
its fact that rapists/murderers who get let free from jail because they were supposedly "rehabilitated" are more likely than not to kill/rape
yeah well our prison system is pretty easy compared to some others. i mean hell, it makes me wonder why homeless people don't get themselves put in jail/prison, they'd have free room/board, 3 square meals a day, etc.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.