Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the hell do you get skins to work for CS? I downloaded some really cool ones like the halo assault rifle and such, extracted them to the right folders, and nothing happens. Does anyone know how to get them to work?

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They all say 1.6 compatible, I think I installed them into my 1.5 folder rather than the steam folder. I just installed them into the steam folders and am testing it now.

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
don't bother w/ them. if u plan on doin league play they rn't allowed. i coul never get mine to work on 1.6 neway

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
i was in clan redcross (now team rev) 6-2 cal record (stupid cheating complaints...we're just good screw you aand your forfeit wins) but um yeah i haven't played in like 6 weeks (grades) and we didn't have a pub, just a priv

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
i play almost exclusivly on dust2dust on 1.6, i play a lil on the OSS server to. on 1.5, i play only on |FTN|. its my friends server. there r some REALLY good players on ftn sometimes

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
personally, i don't pub much, but when I do I make sure I pub with my cal-m/i friends. we don't really go pub that much but hey it's fun sometimes. for whoever asked for screen names, my would be bizkitfan601 ...yeah it's old...anyways, I haven't played cs in like 7 weeks so I'm gonna suck when I get back...yeah stupid grades owned me. I would like to play with you guys sometime it wouldbe kind of fun :D

·
V8 Interceptor
2,125 Posts
Allright Ziddy, since this thread went to hell and you never got help, tell me this:
When you unzipped them, or just put them in the folder, did it ask you to overwrite any files? If not, you need to go into:
C:\Sierra\Counterstrike\Cstrike\Models and look and see if any new folders are there, they'd probably be named after the skin.

IF you clicked "No" when asked to overwrite, there's your problem.
(Sorry if the C:\Sierra\Counterstrike\Cstrike\Models isn't right, I'm doing this from memory.)
I used to get this problem constantly.

·
Registered
101 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts