Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there seems to be so many different things you can buy to mount your CO2 bottle to that it's a little confusing. Here's what I just bought... 98Custom with x-chamber, flame drop, duckbill? bottle adapter?

My question is, what do I need to buy to be able to turn on/off the the CO2 supply to my bottle? I don't want to get a new drop forward and I don't want a bottle with an on/off.

Thanks for helping out the newbie.

did i mention i don't want to spend alot of money!

·
Registered
449 Posts
I don't want to get a new drop forward and I don't want a bottle with an on/off.
Ya have to have one or you won't be able to turn it off. You can get an on/off anti-siphon valve pretty cheap and have it put on you tank.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
most people will say an on off valve is useless, and generally they are, especially with co2. all you waste with the burst of air when you take the tank of iss a few shots at most. not a big deal..

concerning drops, cradles, asa's and all the like, get what you feel comfortable with, and what you think looks good to you... a lot of people will say drops are dumb and whatnot, but it's all user preference.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, just seemed like it wastes alot of CO2 when i take the bottle off, I guess it just looks like alot.

·
not really named bob...
2,369 Posts
yeah your not wasting that much co2. if you do want an on/off you dont need to replace the entire thing. you just have to replace the duckbill with an asa with an on/off(cp on/off, check-it unimount) and mount that to the drop, were the duckbill was.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts