Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see theres a Tippmann mod that replaces the trigger with a faster crank, is there a mod like this so that you crank to pump on a pump marker? (or even one geared to alternatively pump and fire)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
by the fact that the gun draws in air to propel the ball from around it before each shot instead of using a prepared compressed propellant? idk, my definition of the pump difference is skill and just doing something different, this is just mod skill and ingenuity to allow the different method to compete on level with tank guns

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh... (was asking to see the mod potential in buying pump as first gun) either way... this been tried? how well would it work?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh........ so back to the first question, its overcomplicated, pointless, and takes the point out of it being a pump?

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
um kind of?

i know what your talking about (ie double trouble mod crank) but the only way those increase the fire rate is to pull the trigger of a mechanical semi auto marker faster than you could with your finger alone, since a pump marker is not semi auto it will do nothing, so pointless yes, sure you could install one but it wouldnt make the marker fire any faster since you still have to cock it inbetween each shot

and as martix stated a pump marker in paintball only means you are cocking it to fire the next shot not that you are pumping air into it, gosh that would take forever just to fire one shot

you know those pump bb guns? they take maybe 5-7 pumps to fire a bb at a decent speed and a paintball is roufghly 20x larger? so that means.....100 pumps minimum, just with some rough numbers off the top of my head.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
The pump markers without tanks use 12 gram CO2 cartridges (tiny tanks if you will) to propel the ball and are good for roughly 30 shots before you need to replace it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts