Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hanging out with my brother until tomorrow. He's a veterinary surgeon down here so I tagged along today to watch a surgery. They had to do a stomach scope or something... they basically cut the dog open and had to look for what was causing it problems. The dog ended up having like... thousands of small tumors in an advanced stage of cancer... so they had to put it down sadly. It was a crazy experience though... I really got to see what a vet gets to go through. It sucked listening to him explaining the situation to the owner on the phone where he explained how the dog had to be put down. Sad but crazy.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
i remember bio class when we had to cut open a baby pig. Cutting through its stomach was pretty nasty. Then seeing its brain was crazy.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
Pr0ph3t said:
I remember Anatomy and Physiology. The second semester was solely for dissecting cats. I got to cut through it's sternum with garden shears. :D
I took that too. I can't remember if we did cats, I'm pretty sure it was pigs. I also had Biology freshman year, and my partner and I named our pig Artie the Cheerful Lab Pig. wrote a song about em too (He's Artie, the CHEER-FUL lab pig! When he walks down the street he's quite a sight, he makes old ladies scream in fright!) Good times.

Oh, and we used yarn tied to the legs to spread em open, then we revealed his brain. we would have someone on the other side of the table, holding onto the yarn, and someone else would poke the brain with a needle or somethin, and we would make people believe that when we poked it the pig actually moved :rofl

·
Registered
849 Posts
one of my teachers was like "to kill a cat for dissection, then hold onto its neck and hold it against a table, then yank on the tail, but to kill a rat, the hold onto its tail and smash its head on the table"

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
dude thats awesome. i wish i had a bro w/ a cool job...sux for the dog tho...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts