Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
<3
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have recently started working out every day for 5 days a week. I run for 45 min then I go lift. I am thinkin bout tryin creatine. Have any of you had any experience with it? Some people I talk to say it is terrible for you, while others I know swear by the stuff. So I am sorta lost. I drink a protein/whey drink every day as of right now, but I am wondering if creatine is a good way to go. Thanks.

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
i took creatine..

That work works really well... When i took it... I felt like i could go for more reps. Get more weight, and have more endurance... Just make sure you drink plenty of water when you take it

Some ppl say it's bad for you... but those are the ppl who don't know what they are talking about... some kid told me that it shrinks ur nuts... But it's theoreticly impossible seeing that steroids shrink your nuts cause they repalce the testoterone in your system so your testicles shut down... where as creatine is a naturally occuring chemical in your body that turns DTP into ATP which is the 3 legg'd molecule that is the basis for your body to create Energy.

All in all.. I'd say take it dude... IT works really wrell

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
my dad says that stuff deteriorates your stomach. haha. i must have it though. damn you ahmadi6490. took me a year and a half to go from curling 65 (10 reps) to 15 reps of 115. definately picking up some of this stuff...

and don't say i'm doing something wrong with my lifting. i take my time in adding weight.

·
PbF Supp/Beer Expert
4,512 Posts
I just started on creatine myself. Found it not to be such a horror as I heard. Hope it works tho.

EDIT - Look for creapure. Its like the best kind(or so my nutrition man tells me).

EDIT AGAIN - Make sure its the micronized monohydrate powder kind. It gets through the blood stream faster.

Heres me before I started creatine so I wanna see how much more results I can get cause for my football team this isnt really as big as I want.

Attachments

·
PbF Supp/Beer Expert
4,512 Posts
Get whey protien shake and mix it with ice cream in a blender. It tastes rather good. My weight is 165 and I need lots of protien cause of my diet I am on and you need it too since you are getting into lifting. You need your protien. Creatine will only work with proper diet and work out schedule.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
Ahmadi6490 said:
Yeah, in 3 weeks with using Creatine I went from curling 70 lbs 5 times to curling 110 10 times. Really big improvments. Just drink at least 2-3 glasses of water, if not you'll get stomach cramps and diarrhea.
that wouldnt happen, unless you were doing bad form with the 110lbs or werent lifting to your potential before with the 70lbs....that kind of increase would take more than 3 weeks.

but anyways, creatine isnt for everyone, but it does help in gaining strength and muscle. you will thicken if you lift a lot, and some of that IS water weight. i noticed my cheeks and face get wider when i was on creatine. give it a try for an 8 week cycle, see if you like it. take 10 grams per day with 75 grams of dextrose sugar (both available on www.supplementdirect.com for cheap) and mixed with 20oz of water, drinking another glass or 2 of water in the 2 hours following. you should drink the creatine/water/dextrose mixture immediately after a workout and eat protein about an hour after that(and an hour before your workout). if all that, combined with a GOOD lifting program and good form and good number of reps/sets doesnt help you, i dont know what will :)

-dan

·
12,110 Posts
I hate water. I drink maybe 4-5 glasses a month. More if I'm paintballing (I usually bring a gallon jug)

Would drinking say, koolaid lemonade work? I mean its mostly water, mixed with soem sugar and flavoring.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Last thread that was about this, i was one of the very few people against it.

But yea, if you drink alot of water with it you should be fine. If not, then you kidneys could get messed up.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts