Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i am creatiting a new field and i am using this field for a scenario theme. I got about 300 acres. I need an ideal for a theme i have one but i dont know if it would be to contrivercial.

vietnam battle for Hamberger hill. This isn,t really a real recorded battle but i have a few storyies of it actually has happened. What do you all think about this theme and if not this one what would be a good theme for wooded land

thanks
guys for your help
also organizing this theme i want to give prizes but i really don know how to do placing on this i thought about going by a point system for example.
there will be lines and boundries also markers of feet. i thought about after so many yards taking that the teams recieve so many points, but if the teams fall back they lose points. i also thought if i have a 2-3 day game like this that the point system would be verry hard to track. does anyone have any advice for this

plus any ideals for my new scenario field could you guys give me ideals of what to do to make this field better bunkers or characters
thanks i can use all the feedback i can get thanks
roger

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
Well, depending on how serious you are, how many people you’re expecting to get, and what kind of resources you have at your disposal means a lot when creating a scenario game.

They do not always have to be historical. Sci-fi is also popular, as well as zombie themes. Just use your imagination! ;)

I could offer more help, but if it’s not so serious, they I think it’s not worth my time to pour out ideas.

- Brian

·
Registered
14 Posts
how about springfield (simpson) vs South park...lol

be creative...look at some movie that are out read some books ... you'll get an Idea

are you going to build structures or will it be bunkers that would determine a good story line as well.

Good luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i am wanting to build buildings and towers. the kind i want is not decided. i went to silverdollar city and saw the kids play area i thought to my self that would be great only if i had the lumber. you would have to see it to know what i am talking about. its just like one big wooden playgrond dont know how to explain it but it would be great for a scenario game.
i have a whole design for a theme just deciding on the theme. i would like to use a war theme like vietnam war hasn,t yet been done that i know of

·
Registered
8 Posts
post a pic of the land and hamberger hill is a good idea for a wooded area but again scenario games arent always historical. if the nam' sceneario doesnt work u should try something funny.....like what nelspot said

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
This has probably been done but,try a battle from Civial War. No hoppers or loaders,you can only load one ball at a time.

·
to lazy to change avatar
1,777 Posts
scenarios take alot of time and work to plan and run smoothly. If you want an average crowd to come and play its going to take alot of work. Your going to need refreshments, bathrooms, good playing fields (dont send players into unscouted areas), employees, judges, and not to mention a huge area to park and camp (especially if this is going to be more than 1 day). just remember to plan right and know what your getting into.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went to a Vietnam stlye arena a few weeks ago. Most people didnt play along so the scenario wasnt all that big of a deal. We just shot each other lol

·
Dont Steal My Avvy
329 Posts
u should have 2 sides
then there is a big open field with a flag pole
and surrounding it is a platform
when u go up onto the platform u cant have ur gun and the first team to raise there flag there would be the winner

or have like multiple flag spots that would be ur points system like zone control
that would be sweet

anyways my $.02

·
Registered
23 Posts
Why not do a scene from 'The Patriot'? Its an awesome movie.

OR

Do 'saving private ryan'. Heres a brief description:
You start of vastly outnumbered. You main objective is to get private ryan back home.
You go through the city and the "enemy" is there. You make it through with some men.
Then you meet up with a demo man. (armed with rocket launcher for anti tank mission)
His name is private something... but you mistake him for ryan. You find out hes not ryan blah blah. At least you got a demo man, you'll need him.you head north looking for Ryan hes stationed under fire with a couple men... You need to bring some suppressing fire. Unfortunately 2 tanks come. Blah blah, save his ass, and head home.

Saving private ryan would be my choice for one.
Heres main objective: Save Ryans ass.
(secondary obs): Get demo man, destroy encampment

Note: Ryan nor your captain can die.

Lol, i love that movie. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Civil War concept would be good for a one-day event. 1-shot is too much like a pump game though. I'd said allow players to have their feednecks one which essentially gives them 3 at a time. This would be a great way for players to learn accuracy as well as how to fire a barrage as a team.

As far as points are concerned, to determine the winning team, have a couple stopwatches at each flag, preferably with a ref to handle them. When a team raises a flag/tags a pole etc., the stopwatch for their team is started and the stopwatch for the other team is stopped. This can also be done with a watch and a time log on paper.

For prizes, you can have the generals give out missions and, when a squad/player completes a mission, their name is written down and those who complete the most missions for each side win a prize. Also, you can take a vote from each team for a team MVP award.

Take care of your generals though with at least a trophy if not a case of paint or something since being a general means not firing a shot (hopefully!).

I also heard of a Federation vs. Klingons game near here that went pretty well. Just be aware that you CANNOT put this on by yourself. You'll need to have refs etc. and be very clear on what the rules are, especially concerning cheaters, LAWs, grenades, mines, field paint etc.

·
Registered
506 Posts
How about a HALO styled senario. I don't have an imagination, so i wouldn't know how to set it up but it would be cool.

Marines vs The Covenant

·
Registered
35 Posts
you should do one like the movie we were soldiers if u want to do a vietnam scenario

1 - 20 of 38 Posts