Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well gentlemen, I added another Quest to my small collection, but this time I found a Blue/Black Critical Quest It looks a bit like Miller's marker but I can live with that. I would prefer a black geardrive but it was damn near impossible for me to find this one. I do like the way the geardrive sits on this marker better than the POPS on my other Quest. I bought it as a stock Critical Quest and swapped some parts over from my other marker and added the ASA and grips as the smoke panel ones on the marker were pretty beat up. This purchase was almost worth it for the Critical trigger alone, it is a HUGE upgrade in feel over the OE in my opinion.

Specs: Blue Critical Quest
Virtue board (swapped the WAS board into my 06 Quest)
Thin Air 4B bolt kit (swapper RSF bolt into my 06 Quest)
CP HPR
Bob Long geardrive on/off ASA
Critical clamping feedneck
Critical Trigger
Stinger grip panels
Critical 100g flat black backs .688/.684 and gloss black front

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The LPR cap came black for the person I bought it from and I would guess it was that way from Critical as nothing was upped when I purchased it. I do not believe any of the Critical Quest's had the "Quest" jewels. And I like the Critical trigger a lot better than the FEP trigger

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
Correct, no Criticals came with the FEP jewels. A bunch had the black LPR cap on a blue Quest from Critical. Apparently they had only so many front blocks/caps anno'd in blue, and once they ran out, started using black ones (that's why my blue Critical Quest has a black front block and LPR cap, as the original front block that was put on it from the factory was defective and they had to replace it when I sent it in for them to work on).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I missed that before on yours Miller. I actually like the way the blue block with black cap looks. I just wish I knew someone with a black Geardrive to test fit and see if I like that better, or deal with the different color blue one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. When I came decided to pick this up I was looking for upgrade from other Quest without breaking the bank. I played a few rounds with a buddies Proto Reflex and an Ego 11. I do not know a whole lot about paintball markers but I do not see any reason why someone would spend so much money on a new Ego. Don't get me wrong, its a nice marker, but not for the price. I would buy it if it was in a used Quest range.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Whats the going price for one of these? The normal quests are not very pleasing to the eye, but these are pretty nice.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
200-250 on the 06 Quests with so up's
275ish on 07's (people pay extra for milling)
300-350 on Criticals depending on up's again.

Those prices usually include shipping and PayPal fees to. That's a steal on a well mainted Quest in my book. Other than beIng the heaviest, I would take either of my Quests over the Reflex Rail and Ego11 I shot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts