Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another Crotch Rocket thread. Lets just say I would do almost anything for one. But a friend of mine, Eric, is buying his GSX-R before spring break. He said he'd let me ride basically whenever I wanted to. But me only being 14 and no license, I'm not too sure about that.

Should I take the risk when he gets it? He's getting his uncles 2001 Suzuki GSX-R 600.

If I can get pics I'll post em up.

·
Registered
698 Posts
If you've never ridden a motorcycle before, you will most likely lay it down (this especially applies with anything over 500 cc)... which is not very cool, and will probably get around to your parents. Wait and some kind of used 200 ninja, wouldn't be that bad laying that down compared to a Gixxer. I remember, even after riding dirt bikes for 4 years, I took a 1000 cc gsxr out on the street and almost dropped it multiple. What you're thinking = not a good idea.
Edit: above might be a good idea, only if you've ridden before, if not, you'll have problems turning.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've ridden a ZX-7 before. Gave the damn thing too much gas pulled me right up. Probably one of the scariest things thats ever happened to me. Luckily I hit the back brake and let go of the throttle. I also took a Ninja 200R out for a ride, so much easier than that damn ZX-7.

Fastest I've gone is 65, which was the highway speedlimit. Up in South Dakota my uncle has the ZX-7 and he lets me ride it sometimes when I visit. He's on a farm out in the middle of nowhere.

Mom hates motorcycles so I can't get one until I move out.

I got a pocket bike, which is good practice for throttle control, brake control, and turning. But I've crashed so much on that little thing, and even only being 15 inches off the ground, it still hurt like a *****.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
hehe. if i wasn't such a big dude i'd try out a pocket bike. those things are so funny. i've had a 4-wheeler wreck at about 45 so i know the feelin on not likin to wreck..broke my right arm in that one... the only cycle i've ever been on, never driven tho, was a harley. we hit a patch of gravel and just about laid that thing down. that was a tad scary.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
bikes is hot. every cent of my sign on bonus for the army will be going into one. they make me ooze.

dropping bikes sucks...Ive dropped more dirt bikes than some people have seen. But then again Ive riden quite a few. Big bikes is fun to down...except not. my uncle dropped a brand new 03 honda 1000rr when they first came out..he was..lets say pissed.

He just painted it and sold it for more thanks to the hot paint job. pretty funny

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BUBBASR. said:
bikes is hot. every cent of my sign on bonus for the army will be going into one. they make me ooze.

dropping bikes sucks...Ive dropped more dirt bikes than some people have seen. But then again Ive riden quite a few. Big bikes is fun to down...except not. my uncle dropped a brand new 03 honda 1000rr when they first came out..he was..lets say pissed.

He just painted it and sold it for more thanks to the hot paint job. pretty funny
Ouch... That had to sting.

I saw a guy flip his 600f4i over doing a stoppie.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I just hate seeing 16 year olds getting some crazy rice rocket without a very good handle of bikes. They usually end up getting scrapped off walls. My coach started on trash bikes, and moved from there. It just seems most people act a fool on a fast bike when they're new to it.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Meh can't get one till I'm out of the house.

I'll just practice on friend's bikes and stuff then pick up a 600 when I'm ready fincially and ridly.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Be careful...bikes are extremely dangerous. I was just like you a couple of years ago, wanted to get one ASAP, but I relized how crazy they are...and I'll hold off on them for awhile. Man I hear about motorcycle accidents around here like once a week, and half of the time a car crashes into them. I have close friend who lost his leg and was in a colma (sp?) for a couple of monthes, and he had been riding for many years and was very good. He also lost most of the use of his right hand and suffered some brain damage. My brother has a 2k3 (I think) R6 and he fliped it doing about 60mph the first week, he doesn't have a license so I advise him not to ride it when ever he wants too...and take his truck instead. And are you willing to take responsibility for the damage to your friends bike when you drop it? Cus everybody no matter what will crash, just a matter of when and how hard. Be careful.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Meh Kansas isn't that bad. I think theres only like 100 sum reported bike accidents that they were killed and most of them are form harleys and such.

Our town only has like 100,000 people... San Deigo on the other hand..

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
If its your first time on a 600, you're probably gonna lay it down. I remember when I rode my grandpa's suzuki 600, and that thing scared the crap outta me when it was my first time. First time I took a G'ixxer for a spin (600) still scared the crap outta me. I can ride a bike, yet I prefer four wheels to two, just on acount of the fact I don't wanna be scraped off of the pavement. If it's your first time, you're gonna have an experience, even if you don't wreck, you'll still be a little worried, that's how I was when I rode my first bike. But, people are different from others, and you could do well, or you could trash the bike. It's your call, man. Just don't kill yourself.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I was scared when I first rode. (Kawasaki Ninja ZX-7)

I've got some good experiance though. Its just the ZX-7 is an older bike and these newer bikes seem a lot more powerful.

I'll have on most the gear anyways.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
BUBBASR. said:
...Ive dropped more dirt bikes than some people have seen...
If you ride dirt bikes, your gonna wreck one. Wrecking one isn't near as big a deal as a crotch rocket, though.

As for me, I rode a Honda 959 for my first time. Way too much for me. Still fun, though. I figured as good as I was on a dirt bike, this wouldn't be too hard. I found out riding one is nothing like a dirt bike.

I like crotch rockets, but I don't think I'll ever want to own one. Too dangerous.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My dad was telling me about the time when he rode probably one of the fastest bikes at the time about 20 years ago.

It was the first year they did a V-Twin. So the 600 class was actually faster than the 1000 and such. Well his friend told him to take it on the freeway and when he got into about 4th or 5th gear, to give it all it's got. Well he was like what does that do? And the dude was just liek you'll see.

Well lets just say my dad literally almost **** his pants.

·
Registered
698 Posts
The GSX-R 600 holds a better time on a road track than the 750. 1000 and Hayabusas are fast bikes. You sound kind of like me 1337, the first motorcycle I rode was an old Ninja 10r. thing was fast as hell, luckily I had ridden dirt bikes and knew how to turn... the accel was a little bit crazy, and the clutch is quite a bit different. Dead serious, don't ride anything higher than basically a 500 if you've never really ridden before... 200 is definetely fast enough, if that's what you're worried about.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts