Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Posting here as ive been told this autococker was built a few years back for ~1500$. Don't know much about it, only that it has dye markings on the grip/barrel and benchmark on the triggerguard and noted that its from palmers pursuit shop. It looks like a pretty sweet, no nonsense matching build. The only gripe i have about it is that it seems to be lacking the vertical ASA feed. What worries me is that it also appears to have a circuit board in the gripframe- how limited are these in terms of compatibility?Any input on this would be appreciated, as i don't know much about autocockers in specific other then their standard operations/function. Im about to go pick it up for 225$. No way to test it until i get it to a shop and get an appraisal, thoughts/ideas on how to gauge its functionality? I would love to have this mechanical monster that looks like it was smelted from thors hammer itself. Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$225? that seems kinda high.
Judging by that, im guessing its old as hell? Again, not at all familiar with autococker framework and i couldnt find this one ANYWHERE. I want to go mechanical, from a tippman a5. If you could be a little bit more specific, id appreciate it.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
you're going to want some more details on what it has before you buy it.
I don't know much about autocockers, but i do know there's about a zillion different parts they can have on them.

I see a palmers LPR, so that's a good start; when Miller shows up, he'll know exactly what is on it and come up with a price as well.

My main concern is with the tank. I've not seen a regulator like that in YEARS, and I'm willing to bet that the tank will need hydro tested. If that's the case, and the tank does not pass, you'll have to spend $25 to get a hole drilled through the tank. It's rare that tanks fail, but I have no idea how old that is.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
The tank reg is an AA Armageddon, and I can't see the date on the bottle, but it's likely dated ~2000. These bottles only have a 15 year lifespan, so it's bound to be approaching expiration.

As for the gun itself, my first thought is an FBM body trying to emulate Freeflow Dark teardrop milling.

And for what it's worth, there's no board hiding in the trigger frame. Just a trick of the eye with the grips and cross piece inside the frame.

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
ya thats defiantly a 3 way in the front not a noid,

looks to me like there is a Dye UL barrel and some sticky grips on it, while dye did make bodies for some old cockers and those can fetch a fairly high price they are more of a collectors item at this point rather than a marker for shooting, so while i dont know what body that is it doesnt look far from stock if at all to me

tank is old, most likely out of hydro and coming up on if not very near expiration, that tank also has the reg for the marker on it so even if you did get the marker but had to pitch the tank you would also have to either put that reg setup on the new tank or find a different regulator setup for the marker

no where near worth 225

1 - 10 of 10 Posts