Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working on this for a little while but it finally in functional form. I have a few cosmetic things left but you'll get the idea.

The box by itself, It clips in exactly as a mag would.

Mocked up final assembly.

Here is a short video of the box firing.
This was doomed from the word go. I got to my buddy's and realized I was out of air. He had some CO2 left so I gave it a shot and got about 150 rounds out of it, just enough for the video. It couldn't have been more than 50 degrees out either. Then add the old paint that started to break. The velocity was low and right at the end you can hear the tank run empty. Given the circumstances it went ok, a few barrel breaks is easy to clean. I'll make another video when I get some air and fresh paint but the box keeps up just fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a reloader b with the feed neck removed and a new one that I made to feed straight up. The feed neck was complete trial and error to feed smoothly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can take some photos of it tonight.
The reloader is sitting like it would inside a shell. I cut the feedneck off right where it exits the drive cup. I then fit the reloader cup into the box and went about making the new feedneck. I cut an extra mag that I had and removed the inner workings. Then attached it where the old airsoft clip was. I fit the new feedneck to connect the bottom of the mag to the drive cup.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The drive cone right side up. Imagine the feedneck turned 180 degrees to point straight up rather than straight down. The space was too tight to use a hose, it was kinking a bit. I used some of the old feed neck and some plumbing fittings I had laying around.

·
Registered
108 Posts
from the first pic it looks big, the 2nd one looks alot smaller 150 seems about right, it does have a halo b and plumbing fittings in it.

btw amazing idea, but one question. howdo you reload?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a door on the top right (looking down the barrel) that I haven't finished installing yet. I've been trying to find the right latch but I now am looking at using magnets to hold it closed.
The box LOOKS bigger than it is. When it came my first thought was, uh oh, it's too small. I then was looking for at least one pod capacity and ended up getting it. Also keep in mind that the box contains the drive cup, feedneck, board, wires, and battery. It's pure luck (and a little skill) that I got it to hold 150 rounds AND all that other stuff. The magwell also takes up room in the box. I considered cutting the mag well for about 10 seconds, then I came to my senses.

I did this because I hate hoppers, $50 for an 18 round mag is too much to have enough, no one makes a box mag and well, I thought I could do it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I considered making several of them but it's about $200 for the parts when you include the mag to cut up. That, and I'm moving onto a c-mag next. I hope to get close to 300 rounds in the c-mag but it is going to take a while to build.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here are a few shots of the internals for ya
They are still ugly as sin but oh well, functionality first, then form.
The "stuff" that is all over in there is just some expanding insulation foam. I used it to create a cradle for the catch cup instead of having to bolt it to the box. I also used it to fill the small gaps around the catch cup. It worked REALLY well. I did it before I tested the sucker so when I found my feed problem I had to remove the drive and found that it held everything in much better than expected. It was a pain to remove. Now I have to reapply it after fixing the feed.

The bottom is the power button and the top hole is for the led light on the board

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
This is pure innovative genius. If I was a woodsballer I'd give you the money to make me one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i was wondering what the white is on the inside of the mag? and you cut out the side of the belt feed?

with your permission i would like to make one for my gun as no one is willing to start making them. it only seems right to ask first because i hate people who steal an idea.

and you used no hose correct? only plumbing fixtures? i have some hose from my Q-loader that i can use but if only plumbing was used then that may work better.

do you know how many balls a second (just a rough guess) you can get? is it slow at feeding them?

and how do you get the balls to stay out of the electronics compartment? it seems like they would all fall into those cracks to the left side of the mag?

is your mag metal or plastic?

sorry for all the questions just trying to find out about the mag. and two thumbs up and a pat on the back for figuring it out! i don't know why rap4 doesn't sell this. it's so irritating and i feel you on the cost effective way of not buying 300 clips just to make it through one game.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts