Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so last night i was bored at a friends house and he has some scrap wood laying around (oak). He does a lot of metal work and some wood work so he had plenty of tools. Anywhoo i decided to make a shifter in the shape of brass nuckles. i drew it out on a slab of wood. Then i put it in a vice and used a hack saw to cut the corners. After that it was mostly filing and sanding, then i drilled the finger holes, the hole for the nut in the bottom, and the hole for the bullet casing on the top, then i sanded it some more and stained it. since it was all done by hand (used a drill press for the bottom hole and bullet casing hole) its not an exact match to real brass nuckles, but pretty close. I will probably be making some minor adjustments later (making the holes bigger maybe a little more sanding). no my fingers dont go in the holes, thats a little dangerous, and for the bullet i cut the back of a 44 magnum shell and pressed it into the hole. It took just under five hours. the pics make it look huge but its not all that big. so what does everyone think? any feedback will be nice, thanks.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Skate and Paint said:
looks bad ass dude. i cant get my stock shifter knob off :( any help?
might have to pop the top cover with gear positions and unscrew the screw under it. had to do that on my friends tiburon.

·
Ðèm-öñ(Pòp)tårt
1,469 Posts
that's neat - i like it - the only thing is any sort of brass nuckles (weather iorn, wood or brass) are illegal in most states, so you would have to really convince a police officer it doesn't come off in order to not get into a bit of trouble... lol

nice build though, good job!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts