Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the MR-1 starter pack from academy and it is a solid little gun, after having trouble with the a5 i bought i returned it and got the MR-1. It feels more solid, shoots straighter(stock) and doesnt jam, like my a5 did. The only thing is it is not near as upgradeable as the A5 is. So I started making custom wooden grips out of black walnut and will have them done within the next few days. Cant wait to get pics up when i'm finished.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finished the handles for the rear grip and I plan to make the some for the square shape inside the fore-grip. kinda a unique look. also am thinking about making a woodn comb for the stock. I have big hands so the thicker wooden handles make it more comfortable for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I finished the handles for the rear grip and I plan to make the some for the square shape inside the fore-grip. kinda a unique look. also am thinking about making a woodn comb for the stock. I have big hands so the thicker wooden handles make it more comfortable for me.
I think it looks pretty sick. Although i disagree with trading an A-5 for spyder because of Solidity...I think you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Hi,
I think this is little addition that makes a big difference :)
Realy nice touch, looks very authentic. With few more additions like this, but without overdoing, it could look awsome. Have you considered modding it into Thompson or Thompson-look-alike?

·
The player makes the gun
108 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dude i think that looks pretty sick. I wish i was talented..... :-( lol but they look really professionally done

·
Registered
28 Posts
a-5 is better
i agree, not because i own an A-5 and thats the only gun i like, i tried one of my buddys MR1's and 1 it felt like i was holding a toy, 2 it chopped a lot more than my A-5 and 3 it didnt load balls as fast as the cyclone feed. it did have nice accuracy tho and im sure it might be a bit better C02 usage but i'd say if you get a better quick feeder or hopper on it it wouldnt be so bad. i also dont like the way it looks, reminds me a of glock pistol with a giant barrel and a stock weirds me out a little. but that wooden handle does look pretty sweet good job on it :)

·
Registered
213 Posts

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
above all a player he finds his gun ok but ather players guns very sh*t.That's because he uses his uses his gun and knows it very good!!!
try proof reading before hitting "post" next time, it makes it a lot easier for people to figure out what you mean.

as for the A5 vs MR1 debate, MR1 hands down, put a loader on the MR1 thats capable of keeping up with it and it will be cheaper, lighter, smaller, faster, have less kick, easier to maintain, and you wont be stuck using a marker-specific loader.

as for the MR1 above, it looks sick IMO, those grips make it look like a WW2 thompson, great custom addition

unfortunatly if thats the only addition i have to say 4/10 custom stuff always gets good scores with me but i dont see anything else done to the marker

i love how this is the rate my marker section and im the first one on this thread thats rated it

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
the grips are neat, but I think you should add knurling to them and/or get a wood burner and make a design. this is also capable if you have a piece of metal to etch out, get it super hot, and burn it into the side of the grip. It would look pretty neat.

Eh, I like A-5's and I like MR1's. Out of the box the MR1 is a little bit better, but the A-5 can be just as good with a few modifications. I like A-5 Accuracy, feel, and upgradeability but I don't like its gas-hoggedness, wide profile, and no choice in loader options. I like the MR1 for its weight, its ability to maneuver alot easier, and its much more easy to fit it to your liking, whereas I dislike its feel and the way it looks.

eh, i'll just stick with my .68 special lol.

your gun with the wood grips gets you a 4/10, because theres alot more you can do with it. I'm not saying you should throw everything on it possible, but just clean her up a bit, shoot more for performance than looks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts