Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to customize a venturi boly for a spyder victor II so u can get a better fps? Besides getting a new spring,or anything else

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
u basically heat the bolt (specifcally right near the pin that connects w/ striker) this should loosen the stuff that holds if in place. Then u'll need some REALLY long narrow needle nose plyers, pull it out.

http://www.ottersccustoms.com/boltmod.html

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
u won't save co2. This just makes it so u can lessen spring tension, giving u less kick. U'll need a regulator to start saving co2.

Yeah, the star thing is the venturi.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
the venturi acutally uses extra co2 because it impedes the air flow. my guess is that when you take it out you'll have to turn down the velocity adjuster because you'll jump probably 30 or more fps. and make sure you turn it counter clockwise as you pull, they are usually threaded.

·
Registered
226 Posts
hey i tried takin out the venturi but my pliars were to big and i just kinda flattened part one of the lil parts of the star on the venturi. will this affect ne thing? well if i dont here back within an hour or so ill find out cus im goin ballin so plz tell me cus i wanna know. but i dont think it will affect ne thing.

·
Registered
678 Posts
1use a propain torch to heat it
2needle nose pliars to remove it entirely
3twist it to unscrew it
4remove it entirly
5throw it on the ground
6curse at it
7take a leak on it
8enjoy your new bolt

eventualy a new bolt is a good idea

·
Registered
44 Posts
what is the purpose of the venturi in the first place?

·
Registered
256 Posts
someone needs to run an objective back-to-back test. all we have here right now are wild (some educated) guesses and hypotheses.

same tank of CO2, within 10 minutes of each other etc.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
gil_ong81 said:
someone needs to run an objective back-to-back test. all we have here right now are wild (some educated) guesses and hypotheses.

same tank of CO2, within 10 minutes of each other etc.
what the flip are you talking about. :?

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
tmaxx_2.5 said:
My guess is he's trying to create and experiment and listing the variables.

·
Registered
226 Posts
tmaxx_2.5 said:
this means that he wants sum1 to do an expirement w/ a bolt w/ venturi, then a bolt w/ out a venturi and see the difference. the whole Same Co2 tanks and within 10 min was daying that to use the same tank and run the expirement w/ in ten minutes of each bout.

·
Registered
256 Posts
yeah. this "experiment" needs to be under some kind of control.

played one day, went home, removed venturi, play next weekend and had to turn down velocity != venturi reduces muzzle velocity.

here is what I was thinking.

1. Take a marker, connect CO2/HPA, load up hopper and fire 5 - 7 rounds. record muzzle velocity of each ball shot.

2. Disconnect air and remove bolt. Remove venturi and reassemble marker.

3. Re-connect air and go shoot another 5 -7 balls. Again record muzzle velocity of reach ball shot.

Now we can compare what difference the removal of the venturi really makes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts