Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking at somw of these sweet guns you guys have and i am say sweet
! that thing must pwn and all that good stuff where are you guys geting the paint jobs and on a avrag how much are theey costing you?

·
This Is Sparta!!!
1,824 Posts
that made no sense to me...wanna clean up the punctuation and spelling? it doesnt have to be perfect but i mean comon, if u want people to respond to ur posts then make what your posting ledgible

·
Registered
263 Posts
Translation:

I am looking at some of these sweet guns you guys have, and I'm saying "Sweet! That thing must "pwn" and all that good stuff!" Where are you guys getting the paint jobs and on an avrag (No clue), how much are they costing you all?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol sorry for spelling i was in a hurry and didnt take till to chek what i was saying lol
but i mean some of thos paint job are asoum

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
who dose this is there a compony who dose it?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I thought acryllic paint would work when painting a Tippy?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
acrylic paint can be used, but auto or rattle can is better.

What you do is strip down the gun to bare metal, rough it up with sandpaper, shoot on a couple of coats of primer, then an equal number of coats of color, then if you woud like clear coat it.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
Torch said:
Tippamanns are either painted with spray or car paint, or they are powdercoated.
Almost any other brand of gun will be anodized, and that's a little more complicated.
Funny you brought up anodizng for

The only problem with that and the Tippmann guns is the blend of metals used in casting the body of the 98 for example is not a good blend to anodize because it is not mixed very well and has a nasty tendancy to form pits and the metal also can wind up looking more like swiss cheese then the body of a gun

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm thinking of using Acrylic paint to paint my Tippy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It actually hurt to read some of those posts. I'm not quite sure, but by around 10 most people should probably know how to spell "does", and my best guess is that "avrag" = average. Ouch, my brain itches....

Spray paint is fine. Sand the outside to give the paint or primer (whichever you want to start w/) something to stick to, and then just choose a color that you like. Search around, there are TONS of topics about painting your marker, and they usually have easy step-by-step instructions on how to do so.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
i sandblasted mine right down to the bare metal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts