Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a new hopper for my 98c pro, and i just found out about the cyclone feed system. Ive read a few articles about it, but they all said different things. A couple said that you have to have the response trigger, and a couple said that you didnt. I dont have the response trigger, so i am wondering if i should even get this hopper system. I dont want to spend a ton of money, either. So, should i get this hopper or not?

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
I would vote no. It hurt the already lackluster efficiency of the marker, it's generally rough on paint compared to a traditional force feed hopper, and if you ever decide to upgrade to a nicer marker, you have to buy another hopper anyway. I'd look into something like an INvert Halo Too or Empire Magna, $70 and $50 respectively (Magna everyone seems to be clearing out inventory so once they're gone at that price they're probably gone for good) for all the hopper you'd ever need.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The reason i dont want it is because the plastic lid pops open every once and a while when im playing, and sometimes the paint doesnt go through because the hopper is gravity fed so i have to shake my gun to be able to shoot. But mostly because the plastic lid opens randomly

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
The cyclone feeder is vastly overpriced in comparison to any electronically fed hopper. not only that, but you can use any other hopper on whatever marker you want, and when you sell your tippman you won't have to eat the price of that cyclone feed.

Did i mention how the cyclone sticks out the side of your marker and crates a bigger target when you lean out the right side.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
any electronic force-fed hopper.

Do not get a viewloader evolution, quantum, or revolution; those are not what you are looking for. Pretty much anything else is fair game.
Oh come on, why no Quantum? You're not fond of electronic hoppers that feed slower than gravity feeds?? thumup:thumup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
No.... I ment the same SIZE for the hopper attachment. Will a hopper that works on an A5 work on a rip clip? Or will I need to get an adapter/modify it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree with most here. It is not an upgrade I would suggest, however the A-5 comes with it pre-installed and its not that bad. The thing I like about it is that unlike a force feed hopper, it responds in sync with the gun because it advances once every trigger pull, but a force feed hopper with an eye has to wait until the paint moves before it pushes another ball in.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts