Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be my first year going. I've read a good bit about it over the years, but I still have a ton of questions. Who has been before? Who is going this year? What set-up will you use? What are you most excited about? etc.

I may be going solo. I'll be using my Etek 4, with my dye rotor, freak barrel system, and 90ci 4500psi ninja tank. I'm not sure If I'll need to bring another tank to use in-game since I'm not really sure how long the games can go. I've researched a bit and I could see myself shooting nearly a case of paint in no time.

I'd like to be in a special teams unit on the German side. I consider myself pretty aggressive, and I'd like to have people like that in my group.

To anyone who has been before, what is the camping scene like? Do you just pick any spot? Are there any restrictions as to what you can bring?

EDIT:

info from d-day site--

( Compressed Air Only Event)

A Week Long Adventure of a Lifetime!

Beach Landings, Army Transports, REAL Military Tanks, Thousands of Dollars in Prizes, Thousands of Participants from all over the World, all on over 1000 Acres of FUN!

This is no ordinary game—It’s a family vacation for all ages that will never be forgotten. Nearby lodging is available at several hotels, RV hookups onsite or we have 60+ acres of campgrounds. Food vendors will be on hand serving up great food! Paintball vendors have booths open with LOTS of GREAT Merchandise for sale. Week-long pre-game events include Mini-Scenario games, Speedball, Obstacle Course and Special Missions. If you haven’t been out to the field in a while, you will absolutely LOVE our changes!

2015 Oklahoma D-DAY

JUNE 8-13TH 2015
Campground, Registration Check-in and Orientation Opens Sunday 12 noon.
Park will be closed Until JUNE 6TH at 9 a.m.
Make Travel Plans to CHECK IN FOR CAMPING AND R.V.’S BETWEEN 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ONCE YOU CHECK IN YOU MAY COME AND GO AS YOU PLEASE.

Online Registration is available:
Early Bird Special $80 from July 1,2014 through November 27, 2014 EXPIRED
Groundhog's Day Special $90 from November 28, 2014 through February 2, 2015
April Fool's Ticket $100 from February 3, 2015 through April 1, 2015
Slow Poke Ticket $125 from April 2, 2015 through June 5, 2015
ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION ENDS June 6, 2015 at 1:00 am
Check-in opens at noon on Sunday, June 7, 2015
Walk-On price is $150.00 at the Registration Building

Click here for more info

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Never been. Considering going this year, or to LL8 if I get back from vacation early.

About the spare tank, I doubt you will need a spare(on the field). IIRC, Etek 4's get around 1500 shots per fill from a 68/4500. So if you have a 90/4500 you should be getting close to a case of paint from a single fill. One great tip for scenario games is to never carry more paint than your tank can shoot(maybe a spare for friends). In your case, you would have to carry over 14 pods to need a spare tank. So I think you can do without.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
AND TRBO IS VERY VERY VERY EXCITED!!!!!!!!

Hardrock- I will be there with 2, probably 3 others, we will be in the german 352 ID (not to be confused with the 352 AT, anti-tank)

I will probably mostly be using my DM6 with a custom painted blue and black rotor. also if the autococker feels like being nice it will be out at some point I am sure.

you are welcome to join us, mainly I went with the 352 to be in the thick of the action, the 352 defends normandy beach.

We are still figuring out transportation. We are leaning towards renting an RV and driving even though it will be around 4000 miles round trip (Seattle area)

Toxic, you need to come

legends is on my paintball bucket list some day though

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never been. Considering going this year, or to LL8 if I get back from vacation early.

About the spare tank, I doubt you will need a spare(on the field). IIRC, Etek 4's get around 1500 shots per fill from a 68/4500. So if you have a 90/4500 you should be getting close to a case of paint from a single fill. One great tip for scenario games is to never carry more paint than your tank can shoot(maybe a spare for friends). In your case, you would have to carry over 14 pods to need a spare tank. So I think you can do without.
Oh ok, thats what I figured. I wasn't sure if games could carry on for hours if you never got eliminated. How hilarious would it be if I carried two cases on my person during a match.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
I would recommend only carrying 4-5 pods on the field. When you run out of paint, go take a short break and drink water. DDay is a dangerous location and it is always incredibly hot. Playing paintball is fun, but you need to drink water and eat as well.

If it's like any other scenario I've played in, the game never stops. It keeps going and going and going until the day is over. It's not broken into smaller events with time inbetween them.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Yep. Make sure you bring a camelbak to carry liquids. Some people carry water in it, and a Gatorade for electrolytes, others mix water and Gatorade in the camelbak. I think its 1 part Gatorade 2 or 3 parts water. Like martix said, eating is important as well. If nothing else, fill up a pod with energy bars or something similar.

The players "line up" at 8 am and the game ends at about 5pm, then awards start at 6pm. So it could be 7pm or so before you can eat an actual meal if you don't want to miss anything.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
so for anyone who has been, or has knowlege of large games like D day

how much paint did you go through?

I am planning on 3 cases but im not sure, I have heard of people going through a whole case just on the big game alone, if that is the situation that means I have to go Monday through Friday on 2 cases....so hoping to find some perspective. I dont play super conservative but I am not laning like a back player either, semi only

edit: one thing I should mention is we are in the 352ID, responsible for repelling the allies beach landings, it is a large unit but there are also a LOT of targets

1 - 11 of 11 Posts