Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
d day had every thing i expected if any one has any good pics of it or i know a guy in my plautuine had a camra post it

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
D-Day, or at least the one we're talking about, is held in the pocono's of Pa.

It's a 24 hour game that brings out tons of people. This year we had 2,500+, killing last years turn out of 1,600. It's a D-Day scenario with a beach invasion and other goodies. It's loads of fun, most of the time :mad: This year had it's bad parts though.

- Brian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Javaman said:
How was the tank/AT personel ratio? did either one have a huge advantage?
The Allies had 5 of the 7 tanks. Although it seems ridiculously lopsided I think with the rough terrain the tanks didn't really matter. I'm pretty sure that one of the allied tanks could barely move on the beach are due to it's low ground clearance. The German subs did manage to take out the New Jersey.

I think the only tanks that any real freedom of movement were the two 6 wheelers and each side had one.

The two times we got out into the woods we may have caused a lot of confusion but I don't think we accomplished much. During the 'Gold recovery' mission we did manage to knock out the German tank that had the gold but the German troops managed to slow us down enough that we ran out of time for the mission. Shortly after that one of their demo guys eliminated us. Despite getting hammered by smoke grenades that was a fun mission until after we were back out in the staging are for a while and apparently one of the guys assigned to us had a hot gun, according to some of the German players. Those guys had disappeared by the time they got around to checking and nobody knew who they were. I was a bit surprised that my gun had climbed up into the 270's when they chrono'd us, which is a bit high for a tank.

I think we managed to slow a major German advance over near the air field but there were two tanks for that and both of us were eliminated by the Germans shortly after getting deep into the trail. I managed to tear off the passenger side tracks on that one. During the final battle on the beach we went out without our paintball guns hoping to knock out a German tank or two but they Weltman in Automagnus got them first so we spent most of the battle sitting there as a bunker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts