Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Dangerous Power G4

5K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  hurdlebeast 
#1 ·
Just got my G4 yesterday, absolutely love it!!!
Only problem was that there was a leak in the elbow/macro line on the asa.
Took apart the asa, cleaned the piston, and put it back together, that seemed to do the trick because there is no hissing anymore :).
Only when I tried to take apart the regulator, I realized that the marker didn't come with an allen key big enough to take it apart :dodgy:. Not a huge deal I guess, but i'll have to get an allen key.
I didn't experience any bolt stick either because I took the bolt out and put a thinner lube on it.
All in all, I love this gun.
Can't wait to try it out next weekend :)

#4 ·
Well I went out this weekend and played a full day.
I was highly impressed with what this marker could do. I put about half a case of paint through it and not one ball broke. The only problems were right when i got onto the field, my fps dropped to about 240-220. I had used the chrono before I played and it was shooting 260-250, so it had dropped quite a bit. Didn't really affect me much though. The other problem was near the end of the day when the marker would shoot a couple balls then the LED would blink indacating that there aren't any balls in the breach. I would turn the eyes off, the fire one shot and only air would blast out, then it would fire after that. Then a couple more shots with the eyes turned back on, it would do the same. I'm thinking its my ball indents for the eyes.
All in all I love this gun, and can't wait to go play again.

#8 ·
I got my G4 earlier this year and all I can say is WOW.
This thing rips and shoots ropes. Has not missed a single beat since I opened the box and gassed it up.

I'm tired of haters not owning one yet have so much to say about it cause they've trolled the forums looking for the bad in it. PS it's nothing like the G3, and many of my team mates who shoot with Ego's love its size and speed, compairing it to their markers at a 3rd the price.
I could go on about how this girl that plays at my local field bought a Mini and it self destructed the first time she gassed it up and just hate on Mini's but I won't .

At the end of the day it all about personal choice, I got one cause there aren't any where I come from (South Africa) and basically I'm the only one so far as I know in SA with one, particularly in the color I got.

A word of advice when getting one, do a complete service on it before gassing it up; Strip it down, clean off the lube that comes from the factory, lube it up with mineral or baby oil (I used baby oil) push the bolt all the way into the front, turn down the reg about half a turn clockwise and it should be ready to gass up. Dry fire about 20-30 shots, pod up, go chrono and rip some "cannon fodder" a new one.

Mine is a Black with Red accents (second release) with D/Red CP Razor Drop, Kingman Fasta 18v LCD loader, Virtue Board, PMD, Invert Whisper 14" barrel and 48/3000 Guerrilla air tank.

#10 · (Edited)
PS it's nothing like the G3,
except for the part where it IS a g3, all they did is make the body a different shape and re-sell the same exact thing

fyi to anyone reading this thread, ignore everything this guy just posted, you should not EVER be using mineral or baby oil on a marker, you should be using paintball oil on paintball things and in the case of the g3/4, paintball lube, not even oil

Hey Oliver, I just ordered the g4 also my question is how do you like the 48/3000 air tank on this paticular marker?
the 48/3k will preform just like a 48/3k, doesnt matter which marker its on, expect maybe 600-700 shots and for it to be far heavier than it needs to be

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.