Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
I'm on your back.
Joined
·
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yeah so we had that Day of Silence stuff today for gay people and bisexuals. It was stupid because half of the people broke it, but w/e. I didn't participate though because I think it's stupid to have a special day for gays. They should have a day for every minority then, eh? And tommorow is Day of Truth which is basicly what I am saying, except with a more christian, conservative spin. I think both days are a complete waste of time. I think the Day of Silence participants need to realize that there are other minorities discriminated against besides gays. And Day of Truth participants just need to play down the whole christian brotherly love crap.

Tl/dr: Days against gay discrimination are stupid and days against against gay discrimination are stupid as well.
 

·
not really named bob...
Joined
·
2,368 Posts
yeah we had that at my school to...i wanted to try to get one of them to speak but i saw only one of them the whole day(!) which was suprising because everyone in my school is allways *****ing and so liberal and then when they actually have to sacrifice to support one of their "causes" they suddenly stfu.

i dont understand the protest as whole either, you'd think that thousands people dying everyday in africa would be a bigger deal then a small minority of the population being denied the right of marriage.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
12,110 Posts
What is marriage? A ring on your finger? You can just buy a ring. IS it a wedding? You can have a celebration. Legally they might not be your spouce, but you should be able to show your love in other ways then a marriage certificate that will be tucked away and never seen.

I could care less if your gay or straight. I'll treat you the way I treat everyone.

I dont get what the big whoop is with marriage. People need to learn that if you cant get married in a church, then you need to just say **** the church and go about your business. Yes its wrong that they discriminate, but in a church's case, its a private operation, and the government has no say in it.

Again I'll say it, so ****ign what. You can buy a ring, call him your husband and live in the same house. The only difference is that little legal technicality.

I dont get what the big whoop is. If people want to be gay, they can go right ahead. People don't realise that this new land partly started by pilgrims looking for freedom of religion. Where else will people go if not america?

Politicians need to stop thinking abou themselves, and how their decisions will impact their reelection, adn start thinking about the good it will do for this country.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
Alpha said:
What is marriage? A ring on your finger? You can just buy a ring. IS it a wedding? You can have a celebration. Legally they might not be your spouce, but you should be able to show your love in other ways then a marriage certificate that will be tucked away and never seen.

I could care less if your gay or straight. I'll treat you the way I treat everyone.

I dont get what the big whoop is with marriage. People need to learn that if you cant get married in a church, then you need to just say **** the church and go about your business. Yes its wrong that they discriminate, but in a church's case, its a private operation, and the government has no say in it.

Again I'll say it, so ****ign what. You can buy a ring, call him your husband and live in the same house. The only difference is that little legal technicality.

I dont get what the big whoop is. If people want to be gay, they can go right ahead. People don't realise that this new land partly started by pilgrims looking for freedom of religion. Where else will people go if not america?

Politicians need to stop thinking abou themselves, and how their decisions will impact their reelection, adn start thinking about the good it will do for this country.

Now I am not pro-gay marriage or anything but you need to get some facts straight first: Most of the gay community is not upset over the fact that a church will not acknowledge their union or whatever.

When you get married you are viewed that way by law and your beneefits that you receive also apply to your spouse such as medical insurance car insurance taxes or whatever else you may need to file jointly whether your spouse works and receives those same benfits or not. In a gay marriage those same joint benefits no longer apply, so that person's spouse/significant other can not receive those benefits and insurances.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,779 Posts
Pr0ph3t said:
I strongly dislike gays. I am glad we did not have this around here today.
QFT.

I'd like to just punch em all in the face. they F up our society and its values.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,997 Posts
lbreevesii said:
QFT.

I'd like to just punch em all in the face. they F up our society and its values.
They f **** up a lot. The point of living at the most primal level is to procreate. Homosexuality breeds nothing but death - there is no procreation. It's wrong, plain and simple.
 

·
¡Viva La Rob!
Joined
·
6,076 Posts
flash... you're completely missing the goal of the day. your reason for the day being 'stupid' is stupid... you say that they need to realize other minorites are disciminated also. thats true, and gay, lesbian, bisexual isnt a minority its completely different. but your reason is so oblivious because your saying 'oh well theyre not the only ones, so they should stop complaining'. i dont see why they shouldnt stand up for each other because theyre not the only ones being discriminated. and just because you dont agree with something doesnt give you the right to say its not important. im not gay, im not pro-gay i personally believe its a choice, but i still respect the fact that they want to do this. its not a 'national' holiday or something, its just a day where gay people can ''unite'' i dont see how thats offensive, stupid, or threatening. so shut your ****ing mouth about people and their desicions. mabye when youre older youll realize that no one really cares what you have to say. and dont you realize that the same people who support you are the same ones who commit hate crimes? idk i cant get over how stupid your reasons for being against this day. the only reason im against it is because hardly anyone who is in STRIDES (gay club in my school) is even gay.. what gets me angry about it is how the same people who try to say gay people shouldnt be looked down upon are the same ones in the hallways groping their girlfriends and boyfriends for everyone to see (which is considered sexual harassment and just plain nasty to watch).
 

·
I'm on your back.
Joined
·
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ja289. Take a chill pill man. Seriously take a huge ass chill pill. PaintBallBob understood what I was saying, I don't think you do.

I'm fine with it. All I'm saying is if people are willing to organize this, I could just as well organize something with african americans or jews or any ethnicity or religion. They have THE RIGHT to do this day of silence stuff, and I would never stop them from doing it. All I'm saying is that if we have this day, what's to stop us from taking it further and having a day for a different minority group everyday. Idc what the hell you think though, after all this is the internet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,158 Posts
Back off. They are not hurting you. Why is it bad? Religious beliefs? We have freedom of religion. Who says you have to have sex to re-create? If thats so, i hope you don't believe in conctraception and birth control pills.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
905 Posts
i have nothing wrong with gay people as long as they arent the loud, flamboyant, Trading Spaces kind of gay.

can comeone explain to me this "day of silence" dealy?
 

·
i play for keeps
Joined
·
7,001 Posts
Alpha said:
WEll.. I think we can all agree that bi girls and lesbians are awesome. No?

EDIT: I mean the hot ones.
bi girls lead to threesomes. thats why they rule. lesbians are ok to watch but in all honestly they are a letdown.

regardless, they can have their "civil union" all they want, i dont care. but two people of the same sex together is NOT marriage. dont call it marriage, call it civil union and then i wont care.
 

·
¡Viva La Rob!
Joined
·
6,076 Posts
Flash LCD said:
ja289. Take a chill pill man. Seriously take a huge ass chill pill. PaintBallBob understood what I was saying, I don't think you do.

I'm fine with it. All I'm saying is if people are willing to organize this, I could just as well organize something with african americans or jews or any ethnicity or religion. They have THE RIGHT to do this day of silence stuff, and I would never stop them from doing it. All I'm saying is that if we have this day, what's to stop us from taking it further and having a day for a different minority group everyday. Idc what the hell you think though, after all this is the internet.
well if you really didnt care what i thought or what anyone thought you wouldnt have posted this... and this was organized by gay people and its not isnt like a 'national' holiday. it isnt nationa gay day, its just a statement gay people are trying to make. that doesnt mean there HAS to be national jewish day... i dont understand what you're saying because youre saying its stupid that they have their own 'day' (that they organized themselves) and that it would be 'taking it further' by making a day for jewish people? i dont evne undersatnd that... if jewish people wanted to choose a day to protest, or make a statement why wouldnt they? that doesnt mean that its a national thing. and why would you need to stop jewish, black, or any other minority from doing the same? and its not 'your' day if you DONT SUPPORT IT. why cant you get that through your head? if you dont support it, its not your day and you shouldnt have anything to do with it. the reason im even saying this is because im jewish for example, and i have no idea what youre trying to prove. why is it so bad that if me and other jewish people in the us wanted to stage a protest, or a statement nationally its such a bad that and shouldnt be allowed?
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top