Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm set on a Deadly Wind. I was at warplay this weekend and a dude gave me some good info.
I know ill need an insert, i believe the bore im looking for is .68? Still dont know about the insert. Anyone care to educate me on this and share a link on where to purchase both? I don't want to blow money on a kit.
Thank you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i dont really need ALL THAT stuff. I'm a skater, one good board/marker customized to preference is all i need. And at a second look, i think that's just a bag, barrels not included derp.
I'm slapping these on a mini. What im asking for is what insert do i need on a Fibur barrel in order to shoot straight? I dont understand the relation between bore size and.. stuff. Information that will help me make an educated choice would be most appreciated.
Also, im understanding the Null doesn't need an insert?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well i dont really need ALL THAT stuff. I'm a skater, one good board/marker customized to preference is all i need. And at a second look, i think that's just a bag, barrels not included derp.
I'm slapping these on a mini. What im asking for is what insert do i need on a Fibur barrel in order to shoot straight? I dont understand the relation between bore size and.. stuff. Information that will help me make an educated choice would be most appreciated.
Also, im understanding the Null doesn't need an insert?
Bore size is how big the barrel is, basically. All paintballs are slightly different sizes, so in order for the paint to fly straight and get good consistency, you want your paint to fit the barrel nicely. It shouldn't roll through the barrel without force, but if you blow through it with a paintball inside it should come out easily. There are tools to measure the exact size, but usually just grabbing some paint from the place you use and test it with whatever barrel you have. When I play in New York I use a .686, but when I go to Pennsylvania it's .679. A pretty big difference. The null is a set size, a .688 I believe. You're MUCH better off buying the Fibur with a single size, and then you have the ability to just buy a new insert, instead of an entirely new barrel if you need a different size. Kits usually come with several sizes ranging from .679-.693 so it gives the user a wide variety of choices depending on where they play and what paint they use. If you're paint isn't flying straight, one of the first things I'll try is a different insert.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts