Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ya'll, is there a way to get rid of AOL explorer without deleting AIM itself? AOL explorer pisses me off and its just taking up space and memory.

thanks in advane

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Just uninstall triton and install an alternate aim version that doesn't have bull**** ads.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i tried that, aol explorer isnt on that list, instead its just says "aol software" and says "chose which aol software youd liek to uninstall" and the only thing there is aim triton

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
I just went into msconfig and removed all the AOL stuff from the startup menu, so that way it doesnt start on bootup. That way the only time it runs is when I tell it to.

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
I got rid of it. You go into settings or preferences on aim itself and unclick "open links in aol explorer" or some ****. Its not gone gone, but I'm sure it won't bother you now, as it doesn't me.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
when you first install aim it gives you a checklist of the stuff you want to install(aol toolbar, explorer etc) i just unclicked them all so that in only installed triton.

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
Aight I just took it off of my computer once again. This is the path for MY computer... I haven't customized any of the names of my folders or any of that jazz so as long as you haven't done the same then you should just paste this inot your explorer bar and doble click on the file that says uninst or something like that.

C:\Program Files\AOL\Explorer\1.2

1 - 13 of 13 Posts