Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my ion, I want to here your ratings on it, give it a 1 to 10, 10 being the best.I started out with a stock smart parts ion xe. My gun shoots 31.3 balls a second.here is a list of upgrades.

smart parts ion xe
warrior body kit/virtue grips
16" smart parts all american
warrior feedneck
custom products reg
smart parts asa/and rail
ndz saber trigger
killa spring detents
blackheart board
sp firebolt
sp qev
epiphany rear end assembly

Attachments

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
7.5/10 i think you could have done much better on the barrel, the grips really throw off the look of the marker, they are just far too cluttered with graphics to look good. red macro would look pretty good. other than that though thats a pretty nice ion you got there.

can i ask though, what does the epiphany rear assembly do to it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya im sure that cycles at 31.3 since the blackheaert board caps out at 20 :dodgy:

5/10

it also inst a xe cause they have the BOB assembely.

i lowered my rating to 2/10 for you lying
well if you read more carefully, my gun has a epiphany rear end assembly, therefore it takes out the BOB feature. the epiphany rear end has 3 different canisters that can be changed for more precise shooting. the all american barrel i have on it is the most accurate barrel I have ever used.I do have a red macro line but it does not look right for some strange reason. My gun does not get capped at 20 bps, I have shot it through a paintball chrono and got 31.3 bps on ramping.

·
Registered
47 Posts
well if you read more carefully, my gun has a epiphany rear end assembly, therefore it takes out the BOB feature. the epiphany rear end has 3 different canisters that can be changed for more precise shooting. the all american barrel i have on it is the most accurate barrel I have ever used.I do have a red macro line but it does not look right for some strange reason. My gun does not get capped at 20 bps, I have shot it through a paintball chrono and got 31.3 bps on ramping.
ok i think what you are not getting is... even on ramping the blackheart board won't go over 20 bps. I have no doubt that the marker can go over that 20 bps mark.. Just not with the stock or blackheart boards.

Oh and what parts did you use from an epiphany? I am curious. because it looks like you just took an ion xe body kit and put it on a non xe ion.

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
guys im not so sure the blackheart is capped at 20, granted i dont own one but i just pulled one up online and nowhere does it say its capped at 20, ROF cap is, if im reading correctly, 1ms between shots, so it really comes down to how fast is the mechanical side of the marker. in NXL full auto mode the ROF is left as adjustable

i could be missing something though but im not seeing anything in the manual that says the board is capped at 20

·
Registered
334 Posts
hold on, you took OUT the BOB of the xe? update my rating to 4/10 for taking out the whole purpose of buying a xe
LOL

ok well i have 2 ratings, one is purely on the aesthetics of the gun, other on "economic iq"

1. aesthetics - 6.5/10 (I really dont like the grips, too much clutter on them makes them look bad, it also seems as though its lacking an additional red piece some where with the color scheeme your going for..idk if its the macro or what, but some where its missing. and some other varios odds and ends)

2. Economic intelligence- -5/10...lol thats right negative. For the love of god i can not understand why people buy ions only to dump so much money into them its pure insanity. That specific ion you have costs you $700-900 between the gun its self and all the "upgrades" that have been done to it. WHY on earth would you spend that kind of money on an ion. You could have literally bought ANY gun on the market (minus dm9 and lux's), But literally just about any other gun could have been gotten for that amount of money, and all of them would EAT that ion alive in terms of quality, and performance. It just makes no logical scene at all why people do it.

especially since now if you wanted a nice ego08 or something, and you decide ill just sell my ion and use the money to get my self a higher end gun, you will get jack back for it in terms of what you spent on it. You would be lucky if you got $400, im guessing more like $350. Unlike if you had purchased a High end gun, those guns retain a higher value for years.

so when you add the put the 2 ratings together, I give an overall rating of 1.5/10 lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
Don't get me wrong I like the look of his marker.. But when i was at SP for training they flat out told me that none of their boards.. stock or blackheart will go over 20 bps. It also shows it on my price spreadsheet for SP that it is capped at 20.

·
0 Posts
I do not care what smart parts says, my gun shoots 31.3 bps. here is the chrono I have
What's so great about being able to shoot 31.3 balls in a second? It's not like:
- that gives you an edge in a rec game
- you can walk the trigger to that rof in semi
- is a tournament legal rof.

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
how many things does smart parts do that is logical? besides trying to place a patent on the entire paintball market to make money. marker designs are gennerally luke warm at best and prices are far too high for what you get

1 - 20 of 35 Posts