Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
45's to the sky
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here deer hunt? If so what did you get this season. I got a 3 pointer, and it was my frist deer, but it was pretty cool. Also me, my 2 uncles, and my dad were all hunting and within a half an hour of each other we got 5 deer. 4 bucks and a button buck that counts as antlerless. It was pretty amazing meeting them all and finding out they all got a deer too.

Brandon

·
PbF Administrator
3,361 Posts
I want to go so bad this year. I've never been but I want to. Whatd you use gun or bow? But I am goin to go within a week or so.

·
45's to the sky
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shot gun. I went to shoot it and realized i didn't ****ing cock it so I had to jam the damn pump thing forward and it looked up at me so i just shot it as fast as i could. It was only like 15 yards away.

Brandon

·
Registered
649 Posts
Oh dude I just got back from deer hunting. I saw 3 doe and 2 hogs but no buck >_<. We aren't allowed to shoot doe in our county so it kinda sucks. I'm going for the next 3 weekends and maybe I'll get me a buck.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
i think in california its required that the deer has 4 points. im not a big fan of hunting but my dad is the biggest hunting nut ever. he loves it. i like it cuz it gives him and me time to jam as father and son which we otherwise wouldnt get as much time to. I like bird hunting because its faster paced. Deer hunting on occasion is fun though

·
Registered
833 Posts
I used to go but sold my shotty...

A few of my friends went out on opener and one got a 16 point...blood trialed to another guys land...asked for permission to get it and once the guy saw the deer he said they couldnt have it...needless to say they are pissed and so is everybody in my county at the guy for that. And to make his life worse he sells deer stands for Cabel's so my buddy wrote them a letter explaining it all and they were not happy. He also got a lawyer and a DNR officer working on getting his trophy deer back

·
Registered
303 Posts
I didnt get to go much this year, but in the last 3 years I have shot a deer every year. Sorta sucks though becasue I havent shot anything with antlers yet. But the season aint over yet(at least here). I still got till the end of this month.

·
Registered
833 Posts
actually its not his property, he leases it from the stae of Minnesota to grop CRP grassland...
But either way i think my friend will be getting the deer's rack and the credit too...

the fact that the guy is a hunter as well and a Cableas salesmen doesnt help him out.. Cabelas was pissed i guess at first when they heard about it...and when they found out he sells tree stands for them my buddy got an email back from them saying they have requested any information the State of Mn receives...which they had gobs of that day, DNR was there, 3 sheriffs. And the land owner...good old MN state was also notified

·
45's to the sky
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Angered Fists said:
Not that I'm anti-hunting, but did you kill Bambi's mother at the same time? A 3-pointer is barely out of the womb.
Wrong, I said he was big bodied. We aged him at about 3 years. Also, it was either that or a spike that was with him. Which one? A yearling or a 3 year old?

Brandon

·
Registered
967 Posts
i go deer hunting every year

rifle(and shotgun) season hasnt even started yet fo us

last year i went on my cousins farm the last day of the season with all the other members of the hunting club there

we were using dogs to drive and we stirred up a bunch of bucks

at the end of the day the group came out with 8 bucks

i was driving with my uncle and i almost got one but before it came out of the woods to the field it turned around and ran the oposite way

the dogs pulled down a wounded one out in the fields after it had to buckshots in it they pulled the dogs off and quikly put the deer out of its missery

its horrible when the first shot dosent kill the deer

1 - 15 of 15 Posts