Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night i was working on this personal narrative/essay thing and finally had it just about finished around midnight. It was about 800 words or so and than my power went out. I hadnt saved a word of it.

Now im pretty sure its just gone. But does anyone out there know if theres any way to recover it. I was using microsoft works word processor 6.0.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TonyD said:
Install a keylogger maybe?
yeah, in the denial stage i had hoped my one friend had put one on my computer, hes done it to a few of us..

but its too late now.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
sometime if you bring up word it'll show you the last document you were working on when the power was turned off. I've flipped a few times cuz i bumped the power switch. but word brought it bakc up when i rebooted, and i'd onyl lost a paragraph. maybe it was cuz i'd previously saved it though.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
martix_agent said:
sometime if you bring up word it'll show you the last document you were working on when the power was turned off. I've flipped a few times cuz i bumped the power switch. but word brought it bakc up when i rebooted, and i'd onyl lost a paragraph. maybe it was cuz i'd previously saved it though.
yeah i think you have to save it at least once, and than it does that.. im a ****ing retard and never even saved once though.. during a thunderstorm too, how god damn stupid. I punched myself in the head after it happened. ****ing hurt.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
You don't have to have saved it for it to bring it back, but it doesnt always do it either.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
TonyD said:
Open Office saves automatically.

it does?

I never noticed..

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh my ****ing god.. it happened again..

luckily this time i have been saving.. but i still lost an intire 300-400 word paragraph.. I hate the power distrubtion around here

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no, theres no chill. ive been working on this essay for like 6 hours and am getting no where.. so when i loss 300 words, thats taking me back a good hour and a bit.

i hate technology, im gonna be a ****ing luddite

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
so try and rewrite it , and make it even better. you might try and rewrite it, rethinking everything as you're going over it. it might actually help you in the end. and i said chill only cause **** like this happens. thers nothing you can really do about it, so lets just take the only route you have anyway and re-write.

hey it couldnt be any worse than when my older brother wrote a 28-page essay for some philosophy class where his essay was being published, and his hardrive crashed the morning he went to print it out.

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
You haven't been around lately... Sucks about the papers though. I've done that before.

Kind of lame but try typing it as a gmail email and it saves itself in drafts then when you finish it, you can copy/paste and print... Idea.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
gah.. i havent had like any sleep in over 48 hours.. im starting to totally check out.. my ears are ringing with like the sounds of a hunderd frogs and birds just going all out with the ribbeting and cawing..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts