Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i saw LOADS of bs and crap in the other thread, and, having taken astronomy this past semester from one of the worlds renowned astrophysics phd and astronomer, i am up to date on the most current theories regarding the universe.

Ask anything relating to space, etcetera, because i did well in the class and will be happy to answer all questions.

Im doing this cuz the other thread was full of crap and bs that nobody knows what they are talking about.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
and it started to become a flame war

what were some of the threories your teacher had? like if the universe is round or what other shape...stuff like that.

·
Registered
917 Posts
How does one "travel" through the fourth dimension? As in, how we percieve time progressing. Is it like a steady fall, or is a forcible thing? Is it angled? Can the rate and direction be changed?

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
EnergizerBunny said:
how does science know these things about space if they have only been there a few times and it is just empty space?
they have created mathematical equations that represent their theories and they have been tested w/ curret knowledge and proven to work.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
why do u keep bringing religion up?

space didn't come from...it's always been. It's black b/c there is nothing for us to see in our light spectrum. Outside of space is nothing, or possibly other demensions or universes.

·
Registered
917 Posts
<Clamps hands to ears> AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! <Runs away from room in horror>

You people can't have any discussion without degenerating into a flamepit.

·
Registered
74 Posts
its so stupid how people think that time can be manipulated(sp?).like if ya go fast it slows down or sumtin stupid like that.or time travel is possible because time is a giant blanket and if we fold it over we can go to a different time period.all ghey farkin theories.

Time is just sumthing we use to measure how long sumthing takes.....it isnt a dimension.

AND IF TIME TRAVEL WAS POSSIBLE PEOPLE WOULD BE SHOWING UP NOW FROM THE FUTURE!!!!!!GOD!!!!!

the last statement proves that all time travel theoires are wrong.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts