Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Do you, or did you, work during the school year?

• Yes (Please explain your job.)

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Only during the summer.

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did/do you have a job during the school year? What was/is it? What do you think of it? I know a few guys on here deliver pizza and I had the pizza delivery guy come here the other night (which made me think about making this thread)

By the way, I tried paying with a $50 bill and the poor kid just looked at me. You guys really need to carry more than $20 in change, I don't know for sure, but I would think people try paying with 100's or 50's somewhat often.:shrug:

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
well if you're getting your order delivered to a dorm or something, i'm sure 100's or 50's are pretty rare, being that most college students don't have much dough.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well if you're getting your order delivered to a dorm or something, i'm sure 100's or 50's are pretty rare, being that most college students don't have much dough.
It's an off-campus apartment. When I walked around asking for change, at least two people said they've done the same thing before. Is it really that much more dangerous to walk around with $40 instead of $20. I mean, if you're gonna get robbed, you're gonna get robbed regardless of how much money you have in your pocket. (chances are the person doing the robbing doesn't really care how much you have on you anyway, as long as it's enough for them to get some crack, meth, ect:rolleyes: )

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I worked full time on the ambulance, AND went to school full time, and slept very little ever. I did that for 2 years... I wouldn't recommend it to anyone..
It's good to know the guy I'd expect to save my life by driving an ambulance at a high rate of speed.....was working and studying for 20 straight hours before hand and didn't get any sleep.:p

;)

D

·
0 Posts
I work my dick off during the summer so that I dont have to work during school. Every so often I go home on weekends and work and get a few hours in during xmas break.

I had a job at a bookstore on campus, but I quit on the second day. It was a bull**** job.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
beinga delivery guy, I sometimes carry up to $100 with me. that's usually wehn I forget to put it in my safe box int eh store. However, the store will only cover the $20 we're given at the tart of the day if we get robbed, so it's a good idea to only carry that much.

Once day last week, I broke 2 $50s'. On one of them it came down to me giving them nickles and dimes though.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
I'm a senior in high school and I'm in an internship program. I leave after 4th hour and work 1-5 expect thursday which is 2:30 - 5. I work for the county, so I can't work weekends at all because they are closed. I wish I could. I'd be working every saturday for extra cash.

But 19 hours at 11 bucks an hour with no taxes taken out, it's not too bad. Before I just had random part time jobs, where I worked 20-30 hours a week on top of a full school day.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I do very little work in school :p

Yeah anyway I do not have a job, although I plan to be getting one soon. I need one for insurance, but I do not know what kind of job I want. I think I am going to go to the mall and ask around for positions, because I am at a loss here.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
beinga delivery guy, I sometimes carry up to $100 with me. that's usually wehn I forget to put it in my safe box int eh store. However, the store will only cover the $20 we're given at the tart of the day if we get robbed, so it's a good idea to only carry that much.

Once day last week, I broke 2 $50s'. On one of them it came down to me giving them nickles and dimes though.
You carry coins on you? The only time I carry coins is when people tip me a stack of quarters.

sumsimpleracer- I worked at Cold Stone as a shift leader as well. The store shut down just under a year ago.

·
I'm a big soft teddy bear
3,675 Posts
i've been working at Pacific Sunwear Inc. for a little over a year.

i'm quitting in 2 weeks though so i can make a 100% commitment to going to the gym and staying healthy. i just received news from my doctor that i have the cholesterol of a 50-year-old... so i gotta work on that.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts