Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy a Spyder Imagine 05, and i was thinking about a Ricochet Apache. Is the only difference between the two the game timer, alarm and low-battery indicator? Does the LCD even have a shot counter? How many shots can you get on the two 9-volt batteries?
And finally, are there any other hoppers that would be better that are under $100 for and imagine? Thanks.

·
Just Chillin'
5,062 Posts
LCD (liquid crystal display) means that the loader has a display screen and will probably have more functions, LED (light emitting diode) means that the loader just has a light that blinks and tells you things like low battery indicator, and wether or not it's on, or what.

I don't know all of the functions of each loader.

It is hard to tell how many shots you can expect from fresh batteries, I really couldn't give you an accurate guess.

If you're willing to spend $100, just get a Halo B, they cost like $105 new and are sweet. Maybe you could find one used, or a used Reloader B that could be in your range which I feel is better than the Halo.

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
The LCD version of the Apache has a game timer, reload alarm, variable feed options and a shot counter.

I've always bought the LCD version (because I used to have an LCD 2k) but I'm sure it will still feed the same.

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
proto said:
doesn't the LCD warn you when you have a low level of balls?
Yep. That's the reload alarm. It usually goes off when you've got about 25-30 balls left, so even if you're a ripper you'll still have enough warning before you start bustin out pods.

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
By default the alarms and game timer will make audible sounds, but if you push the seconds button while the timer is running it will go into Silent mode where you will only hear the end beep for when time is up or a reload alarm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts