Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So other then the looks. What is the difference in the spiral which I think the all American. And the standard tear drop. Which svbetter and why?

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Some people believe spiral/straight porting helps with accuracy/consistency (I disagree, but to each their own). Some just like the looks of one over the other. Also, they do have a slightly different sound signature, some people just want it to sound a certain way. Neither is truly better, they perform the same, just a matter of preference (or IMO, stiffi tip because it looks great and is a bit lighter without being insanely light).

D

·
0 Posts
If you look deeply enough online- they have a powder test or something in regard to porting and air's ability to escape out the porting - and then a reference to how that would impact sound signature.

I forget the reasoning and site and whatever - but it was the reason I opted for a Freak style tip this time around. I personally own both tips at the same length. I notice very little difference - though I have seen more barrel breaks in the Freak tip than the All American. That could be placebo or coincidence though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts