Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new (new in package, I'm not sure if its old new) Tippmann 98C. I dissasembled the marker to polish the internals. I got it apart OK, and this this is a lot more complicated that my Spyder. While putting it back together I noticed that my gun has a different design than the diagram. The rocking part in the trigger assembly is different. In the diagram there is a spring that screws into a part onto one of the halves and the other end hooks into the rocking part. My gun doesn't have this. Furthermore, in the diagram there are 6 pins whereas in my gun there are only 5. Even if I did have 6 pins, the design of the rocking part will not allow another pin to fit.

I got everything put back together and the gun fires now. The problem is I have 1 more O-Ring than I did when I took the gun apart. The gun sounds much louder now and I don't think the paint is shooting out fast at all. If anyone knows about this different design please let me know. If I need to, I can take the gun apart and take pictures.

,Mike

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Just the newer 98C design. They changed the position of the sear spring.

That spare O-ring is probably the bumper. Is it kinda large and black? If so, it is. That one just kinda floats behind the rear bolt as a bumper for when it recocks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I have the bumper in. Its large and grey and sets against the rear plug (like you said). The O-Ring I have is just like a tank o-ring, 9/16 and clear-ish. Maybe I'll take the marker apart again and reassemble. Is there anywhere there are directions conserning the newer design? I don't understand why they would redesign the gun and not update the instructions.

Thanks for the help.

,Mike

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Inside the gun, tank O-rings can be found on the front bolt (but its black). And no where else that I can think of off hand. There's one that's clear on the rear bolt itself, but its huge.

It seems (I didn't know myself until recently) that they changed the sear spring arangment when the Custom Pro came out. I guess it was cheaper to just produce one type of casting for the whole line up. And the instructions were different enough to not warrent including those either.

·
Registered
181 Posts
pretty much, the new 98c is a custom pro without the drop, double trigger, or barrel. you can add all things to the new 98c as the CP.

when i got my 98c, it was a newer one, the manual was accurate to the gun i think. (i got it a month or so before the custom pro came out and guess what i added. a drop, double trigger, and a 12" barrel!)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Torch said:
Inside the gun, tank O-rings can be found on the front bolt (but its black)
the one on my bolt looks exactly like a tank O-ring, mines clear not black.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I guess I'll just leave it at that. Maybe that O-Ring was just on the towel before I took the gun apart. Maybe some crackhead accidentally dropped an extra one in there on accident.

From what I understand there are 3 internal o-rings (not counting the barrell):

1.) Front Bolt
2.) Rear Bolt
3.) Bumper

and

,Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
TheGiftedOne said:
Well, I guess I'll just leave it at that. Maybe that O-Ring was just on the towel before I took the gun apart. Maybe some crackhead accidentally dropped an extra one in there on accident.

From what I understand there are 3 internal o-rings (not counting the barrell):

1.) Front Bolt
2.) Rear Bolt
3.) Bumper

and

,Mike
Are you trying to say us Fort Wayne people are crackheads!?!
Sorry we are not... we like our meth thank u very much! :smokin

·
Registered
559 Posts
All of the o-rings are in the same spot so just take a pencil open your gun up look on the diagram for all of the o-rings then when you find one look to see if its in your gun if it is put a light X through it keep going untill you see an o-ring that is on the diagram but not in the gun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts