Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i tried everything i can think of.. I took the spark plug out and cleaned it off with paper towel and i noticed at the top the little metal thing that sticks out was touching the top of the plug so i had to lift it up so that it had space... After i did that it still would not start.. So i checked for gas (full tank) checked for oil (full).. I then took the side number plate off and then took off the cover to the (i think muff;er) and sprayed some starting fluid in it... after that it kinda acted like it was starting but would'nt... I am thinking now that the bike is flooded because more gas than usuall is coming out from the bottom tubes when i kick start... I know i could wait for my dad when he gets home, he will know what to do... but i was jsut wandering if any of you had some ideas cuz i wanna go ride...

thanks

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
So you spaced out the spark plug? The spark plug needs to be at a certain distance to achieve the best spark energy.

·
398 Posts
Just leave it alone before you **** it up more than it is. Wait until your dad gets home, you can ride later.

Few things to check.

Is the gas knob thing turned to "ON"?
Try using the choke on the side of the bike.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yEAH BIKE IS ON.. and Im not gonna screw anything up..if i end up screwing something up it will be the spark plug, which i dont care becuz we have tons of them for my dirtbike that are new i just cant find them, but my dad knows where there at.. I took his spark plug off his bike and compared it to mine and i got it almost exactly where it needs to be compared to his.. we got the same exact bike and spark plug so i know its right..

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
tmaxx_2.5 said:
i know it might be a far shot, but check the level within your flux capacitor.
Yeah, definitely sounds like the flux capacitor. Remove the bolster retaining arm and check the level of the capacitor. If it's not giving a reading of at least 92%, you've probably either got a problem with the flux capacitor or perhaps the binary load lifter.

-Jin

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Yeah you just screwed up the gap on yer plug. Bend it back (sounds like you did) And roll start it. You can roll start it when its flooded usually.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
edit: read my edita t the bottom first.

we'll start at the beginning.

make sure the gas is on.

gap the spark plug. ask your dad.

put the choke on, open the throttle the whole way. turn the gas off and kick slowly 10-15 times. this will clear the old gas out. turn the choke off, and gas on and try to start it.

im assuming its a kick start? if its easier to kick than usual you have lost your compression. i would recommend getting new rings at least, and a piston too if you have the money.

is it a 2 or 4 stroke?

whens the last time you changed the oil?

whens the last time you checked valve clearance if its a 4stroke.

have you even looked at the reeds if its a 2 stroke?

ive worked on all 4 of our bikes for 3 years, i know what im doing. catch me on AOL at Tuba St3ak with any further questions.

Good Luck
Aaron.

edit: read through ur post again.

how full is the oil? if its too full it will go up through the rings (causing wear) and gunking everything up above the piston. what color was the spark plug when you took it off? if it was light brown or silver still, its fine. if it was black then it is fouled, youll need a new one. also if the plug was wet its probably flooded.

·
Registered
222 Posts
how old is the gas?

·
Registered
434 Posts
gas does go old after it sits for thw winter which i am assuming it did, you need a new spark plug fresh gas, and let it sit if its flooded, and like somone said role start it if you have a hill or push it while in second or 3rd hop on and rop the clutch should start up or atleast turnover, if not then its your spark, if its 2 stroke the oil level dont change thats in the transmission, you could have a crack or hole in the case making you loose compresion, and it will be hard to start, and if it does it will run poopy

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it has fresh gas...i just filled it up about a week ago..I did not leav gas in it over winter storage. It is a 4stroke which i got becuz there sposed to be alot easier to take care of but im haveing more troulbe than ever.. They are not old bikes they are 04's...i did get it running by changeing spark plugs but it took a while to start up.. i will start it up tomorrow and hopefully it will work good. oil is full but im sure its not over filled.. thanks for the help thumup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts