Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy to be here and make a mug of myself in my first post -- a question:
Why don't they design a marker that has the bottle built into / hidden in the stock etc.? The bottle seems like a bit of a daft and awkward appendage. If there is such a thing can anyone direct me to it?
Cheers
S

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
they do. co2 cartridges in sheridan pump pistols.

The problem is that it holds very little air. a bottle is the only way to go unless you magically find a way to safely store extremely compressed air in a super small space. If you come up with that, let to peopel working on hydrogen fuel cells know because they can't figure it out either.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
most of the time, like dark said, the tank is generally in the perfect position for using as a stock. it'll put the marker right where you need ot to be able to aim down the barrel and have a general idea of where your shot is going to fly. markers are getting smaller and smaller these days, so really there's no way you'd even have a chance of finding one big enough that you even could put a tank in any kind of stock anyways...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks

ah, ok, i get it. many thanks. i've been looking at these gucci woodsman type custom-built things that look like fine replicas of hk mp5 (tippman a-5), colt ar15's, m4 even ak74 etc. etc. but then they have that daft bottle and the hopper in place that completely destroy the look. i don't quite get it. I guess they have the remote gas and some horizontal low profile hoppers but aren't these markers a bit of a fashion statement rather than of useful application?

·
Registered
14 Posts
no way, performance over looks everyday my man. If your just getting a gun for the looks then just take the hopper and HPA tank off, and there ya go. Personally i dont wind the tank or the hopper i think guns look a lot sexier with them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sounds good

ok, i buy the argument. so lon that basis, what's the recommended marker? i'll be playing woods, mostly, but the occasional indoor session. criteria for me, i think, are: accuracy (static and on the move), range, simplicity, robustness, rate of fire (in that order). Don't think i'll ever be in a speedball environment. money of course is no object. i jest. pref something 'mid-range' in cost.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
well the first two are the same for every marker made, so toss them out.

spyder are simple. simple to take apart and clean.
Tippmans are simple too, a buit more difficult to get apart, but easy to maintain. Just make sure you get a used one for a few years ago and their new stuff is not as good of quality.

·
Registered
14 Posts
well if i where you i would look into getting a VS1 and upgrade the barrel to a 14". The reason i say the vs1 is it's easy to use, clean, upgradeable, runs on HPA and CO2.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok, sounds fair enough ... was just trawling through the other threads and vs1 or 2 seem like good options. as for the barrel. i read somewhere that tests proved (strong word) that any barrel over 8? inches made very little difference to accuracy? any truth in that?

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
well, yes and no. a shorter barrel is LOUD. it's also not good for pushing into the side of a felxible material liek air bunkers are made of.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
so you guys are trying to say there won't be much of a differents in performance going from a 10" stock barrel to a 12-14" barrel?
It's not the extra length that will be making much of a difference, it would be the quality of the aftermarket barrel. I'd rather have a 12" Ultralite or Stiffi than a 14" crap barrel. Length is mostly a preference thing in barrels, I would recommend somewhere between 12-16". I personally prefer 14"...

·
Registered
8 Posts
if your still interested in a bottle hiding stock go to rap 4. the t68 gen4 magazine fed paintball marker has different air options which include hiding various size tanks in the stock.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts