Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Free Ballin
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had tons of incidents where stupid threads are made because people turn the conversation to something such as a ham sammich or exploding heads (no offense). People do this either consciously or unconsciously because of post count. In addition, many long time members have been complaining that PBF sucks cause there are so many stupid threads. I think that the Lounge shouldnt count for post count. I think it may cut back on this problem.

Also, the fact the The Lounge's posts are catching up to paintball chats' is unsettling.

·
Free Ballin
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and by "the lounge" i mean the lounge area, including video games, feedback, and tech support.

I would have ranted for longer, but i did want people to read the whole thing.

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
I agree completely. When I came back from camp, I was wondering what the hell happened to pbf, with all these useless threads.

D

·
0 Posts
i agree, its gotten so bad that ive cut my visits to the lounge to about a 1/4 of what i used too.. and even then i hardly post in here anymore, unless i see threads that i might care about and that actually have a point

i agree

D

·
0 Posts
yeah, you forum newbs wanna be cool?

well help out other players, report broken rules, post useful stuff, dont flame, be a good all round member..

trust me, we'll respect you ALOT more if you do that, insted of just getting a high post count.

·
Registered
678 Posts
actually that does seem resonable, why do we even have the post count if it doesnt matter? and it doesnt matter, so i also think that we should remove post count completely

·
V8 Interceptor
2,125 Posts
I disagree with removing post counts from the lounge...
I agree with removing post counts entirely.
I think if we eliminate "Post counts" then n00bs will have to focus on their:
Reputation (Nice guy, helpful etc)
Helping other forumers
Helping the community.
If you don't have a post count to improve, then you have to focus on the community to improve.

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
Grifty said:
actually that does seem resonable, why do we even have the post count if it doesnt matter? and it doesnt matter, so i also think that we should remove post count completely
but in the paintball section of this forum, especially the new player forum, it could matter because if a noob was asking a question and another noob gave him an incorrect answer (i.e. the first noob says, "What's a good beginner gun?" And the 2nd noob replies, "An autococker.") the noob asking the question would believe the answering noob because he doesn't know that the answering one doesn't know ****. Someone with a lot of posts would probably have a better answer, though. :)

·
Registered
390 Posts
ya the post count does kind of equate to your level of knowledge. David1 was one of the few exceptions to this, and thats why he was banned. Post count should be seen because without it newbs would have no respect for older members of the forum.

yes, that was me that said that thing about the ham sandwich, i think, but it wasnt because of post count.. if i cared about my post count i wudnt have 500 after a year.

^^ rory, did u just straight steal that from bubba jr. or not realize it?

D

·
0 Posts
yeah and in the classifieds, people are much more trusting to some one with many post and has been here a while..

·
Registered
678 Posts
andrew had a lot of posts he didnt know **** about paintball, the newb will probly get a bunch of answers, hell naturally pick the one most comonly answered(if hes listening to us at all)

D

·
0 Posts
well the debate about removing post count has happened before, and it was left the way it is.

I dont mind post count. Its just when people abuse it.

·
Registered
390 Posts
but its just damn annoying when some newb asks "should i trick out my spyder internals, bring it down to 100 psi, and shoot super fast and accurately form 100 yards away?" and i respond, dont bother upgrading your spyders internals, they can handle whatever you can dish out for now.. then some other noob with a LP sypder decides to flame me. But then thebluedevil says the same thing, and they listen.

nOObs care about post count, to them it is respect

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
RAIAplayer said:
^^ rory, did u just straight steal that from bubba jr. or not realize it?
what do you mean?

1 - 20 of 102 Posts