Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my friend wanted to sell me his squier for 75$ kind of weird, but his squier is 'better' than alot of others i played. the wood is nice, its heavy (cause other cheap squiers are light and just plain stupid) and it sounds alot better than other squiers. i dont know whats different about it though. well anyway, i have an amp. its a really good one, its old, its from the 80's but it doesnt ahve built-in overdrive. i was wondering if i should buy (boss pedals) the Metal Zone pedal, blues driver pedal, or just the distortion. if anyone here has played let me know. i like the sound of the metal zone, but its a little expensive, but im leaning towards distortion because its between blues driver and mt-2.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
I think you should get a multi-effects pedal, cuz you can dial in whatever sound you want. I have a digitech rp-100, definitely recommend (the rp-200 has a built-in wah/volume pedal, I had to buy one to use the wah)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Light does not = cheap.

Lighter guitars have more resonance and may in fact sound better.

I've been looking at pedals myself for months and still haven't decided what I want. The Metal Zone sounds really good. If you're on a budget, DS-1.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i would get a cheap pedalboard, but boss makes nice reliable pedals, and i only want a distortion. i think im going with ds-1 just because you can tweak it to fit every other distortion pedal... but does anyone reccomend any guitars? my friend wants to sell me his squier, but i really dont like squier. im just looking for a guitar to play around with, learn tabs online.. thats all really.. i read reviews about the ibanez grx20 its around 150$, looks nice, and the reviews i read were really convincing. the squier ont he other hand, it just seems really cheap.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
ja289 said:
well i would get a cheap pedalboard, but boss makes nice reliable pedals, and i only want a distortion. i think im going with ds-1 just because you can tweak it to fit every other distortion pedal... but does anyone reccomend any guitars? my friend wants to sell me his squier, but i really dont like squier. im just looking for a guitar to play around with, learn tabs online.. thats all really.. i read reviews about the ibanez grx20 its around 150$, looks nice, and the reviews i read were really convincing. the squier ont he other hand, it just seems really cheap.
why do you only want distortion? you can do so much more than just that

my first electric was a danelectro hearsay, I've dropped that thing a ton of times and it's still around (got it freshman year of hs, I'm a freshman in college now) it was i think 170 at guitar center

1 - 6 of 6 Posts