Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
If it's a Pure Energy regulator or Guerilla Air regulator, you replace the spring pack in the regulator to lower the output.
If it's a Ninja regulator you remove all the...I think it's red shims but leave the silver shims.
If it's Dye, you SOL since Dye does't offer a low pressure option.
If it's anyone else, haven't a clue.

Some markers (Bob Long) will void the warranty and leak if you use anything other than low pressure input. Other markers (Mini) simply work better with low pressure inputs (in this case, it's easier to remove the tank with a low pressure input). Others (Angel) were designed with low pressure tanks in mind and so will not chrono to a legal velocity with high pressure input.

However, some markers (many blowbacks) will NOT work well (if at all) with a low pressure output tank.

Neither is inherently better. I use low pressure tanks because I have a Marq and an Angel, so I just converted all my tanks over to low pressure.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
If it's a Ninja regulator you remove all the...I think it's red shims but leave the silver shims.
other way around, there is 1 red one and typically 3 or so silver ones (some takes come with more or less since they tune each tank from the factory)

·
Eh?
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I have a 68/45 Ninja tank and a Dye IM9 what pressure should it be (high/low)? And if I have to change it how would I in detail? I don't really understand what the red and silver shims are.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts