Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah I'm a gun whore :) picked these up

DM7 Icon Edition, BillyWing bolt, Virtue board, Virtue laser eyes, CP flow plug

DM9 Virtue OLED (not installed yet) , Violent trigger (not installed yet), BillyWing Bolt, CarbonFiber Boomstick

yeah yeah yeah....its black on black but thats what I like, I'm not trying to win "prettiest gun award" LOL

[/IMG]

·
(b '_')b
858 Posts
Nice 8/10 for both
I like those new CF dye barrel backs :D
Have you thought about getting a CF barrel front? I think Stiffi makes them.

·
KRAKEN! KRAKEN! KRAKEN!!!
1,298 Posts
They change it basically every year, since 06? It's a standard piece on DMs now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
1,298 Posts
I can never show love to another DM9, a buddy was shooting marbs and it broke one.
No big deal right just shoot a couple more through to clean it out right? WRONG!!!!!
We had been shooting in the air (clay pigeon style) at balls some one tossed in the air.
So given the angle of trajectory and the wind which just so happened to be coming
toward us his next couple of shots turned into a "mist in the breeze." Fun **** right?
Then he decides it's so much fun that he rails on the trigger a bit more to continue
our green shower. Was he frustrated or just being a dick? I have no idea.

All true, too stupid to make up.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can never show love to another DM9, a buddy was shooting marbs and it broke one.
No big deal right just shoot a couple more through to clean it out right? WRONG!!!!!
We had been shooting in the air (clay pigeon style) at balls some one tossed in the air.
So given the angle of trajectory and the wind which just so happened to be coming
toward us his next couple of shots turned into a "mist in the breeze." Fun **** right?
Then he decides it's so much fun that he rails on the trigger a bit more to continue
our green shower. Was he frustrated or just being a dick? I have no idea.

All true, too stupid to make up.
hmmm maybe he had bad batch of paint? that happened to me a couple of times and couldnt figure it out...then my buddy checked my paint and most of the balls were oval.... my DM's shoot titz meng, didnt like Egos, got rid of my Luxe (problematic) and I think I have found the gun I am sticking with....the DM

·
1,298 Posts
I shot some from the same case and didn't have a blender... :confused:
I blame the gun.

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
hmmm, i dint know they changed it a little for each model, will like a dm9 ul bolt up to a dm6? as for the UL2, Dye said they redid the UL for the NT and are calling it the UL2 frame, and i have yet to know if this UL2 will fit anything other than a NT (but would really like to know and find one to hold)

·
1,298 Posts
hmmm, i dint know they changed it a little for each model, will like a dm9 ul bolt up to a dm6? as for the UL2, Dye said they redid the UL for the NT and are calling it the UL2 frame, and i have yet to know if this UL2 will fit anything other than a NT (but would really like to know and find one to hold)
I think that from '07 on the mounting styles changed a bit for frames. Again, the keywords there are "I think." :)

I vote that the UL2 is just a marketing ploy to help justify the price difference between the DM10 and the NT. (Shooting in the dark but it makes sense, how much could they really have changed?)

There's always some one willing to mod a UL frame to fit on some other gun than it was meant for, the issue here is since either 06 or 07 the UL frame was not an "option," it was standard. I'm thinking it was 06 for the DMs and 07 for the PMs since Proto got everything (just about) that Dye got, but only a year later. So it's going to be very, very difficult to find just the frame for sale.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you could be right about the UL2, I know Dye does make changes to the frame on each model and maybe the NT has an etirely different one, but I got this DM9 BNIB. I was going to get the NT but had bugs which turned me off, decided on the DM9 instead of DM10 cause only difference is milling and major price difference

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
UL aside everthing i have seen about the NT is that its an unbalanced spool, i think calling it a "Dump valve marker" is just a ploy by Dye to avoid calling it a unbalanced spool, since everyone knows what an unbalanced spool they wanted to get away from it being labeled as a mid-level marker. technically you can call any spool valve marker a "dump valve" balanced or unbalanced

back to they UL2 though

here is the little promo video on the NT, it has a section on the UL check it out (i want one even more after watching this)
Dye NT Paintball Gun

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
how much you want for both and how much are they each?
did you have anyproblems with them?
these are not for sale....this is the "rate my marker" section, if you are in the market to buy then check out the for sale section in the Forum

however.....make me an offer :D, you never know

1 - 20 of 22 Posts