Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. im sure im getting a ion but i want to save a little money
so do i need a halo for an ion or just and egg?
i can buy ether but i would rather save some money

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
youd be more comfortable with the egg on an ion, u might have to cut the neck though, DEFINATLY use the money for a new feedneck

·
Registered
456 Posts
my friend has an egg and a halo and i have a halo. I have used his egg and imo it is nothing compared to the halo. I would take the halo for the little extra cost a million times over.

·
Registered
331 Posts
the egg will feed fast enough. the halo b is all around better and you may eventually want one. but yeah, what freak said, just use the extra $ for a good clamping feedneck. just be prepared to replace broken parts on the egg (i heard its kidna flimsy). but my friend who has one loves it and says it uses less batteries than a halo does.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have an egg, its not flimsy, its pretty good. i shud've gotten a halo. but if u really want the money go for it, i recomend it for the price and all, but if u dont mind the extra $ go for the halo for sure

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
eggs are pretty good, but unless you have two fairly fresh batteries it's gonna jam like crazy, so never just buy 1 9 vt. for it, if you're gonna replace one just go ahead and save the trouble by changing them both

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
get the halo if you dont you'll end up wanting it later
the eggs are flimsy and will break
spend the extra now if you dont youll end up spending more repairing the egg later

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
wow i've owned a egg for over a year, and it's never broken one part. Though all the guys that own halos have cracks all up and down their hoppers from being shot, or diving etc. I know the feed faster sure, but they aren't as sturdy as all of you crack them up to be. so far 2 eggs on the teams and no cracks. 5 halos ALL cracked.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
or 60, there is something i do want to bring up, despite having said that my egg never broke compared to Halos. And that is balance, the Halo is a mroe of a traditional hopper and has a better balance, the Egg goes to far back and can be uncomfortable to use.

·
Let's hug it out
4,506 Posts
theCOWgoesMOO said:
what company makes the revvy
Viewloader, it's called the 12vt revolution, revvy for short

get a halo B or empire reloader B. Save the pain and money. The problem with eggs is the design. It's very back heavy. The front has the feedneck and carries not nearly as many balls as the back. The back heavy makes it easier on you for when you post so it's more comfortable. But because of the weight distribution your more likely to snap the neck.

Imagine shoveling your driveway after a snowyday. You take the shovel and you pick up lots of snow. Now your arms are a distance away from the snow because of the shovel and it's hard to carry. BUT say you hold the shovel from the spade. Now it feels so much lighter and easier to carry. Same effect happens with the egg vs halo B. it's all a matter of weight distribution because both are very fast.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts