Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sucks. It won't update my ipod. And since its the new ipod updater, I can't reset my ipod to factory settings. It thinks its better then the old one, so it automaticly disables my old updater. I'm having a hard enough time just getting it to recognise my iPod now. You've done it again apple. ****ing tards.

Don't install this until apple fixes it. ****ing morons.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
IDK, works fine for me. Only problem I have with iTunes is that its a ram hog on the pc...but I use it on my mac most of the time anyways so it doesnt matter.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
I use an older version of itunes and never upgrade. Mostly because I'm lazy, but also because it works well and I don't need any updates.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
I havn't updated itunes in probably a year lol. I just click cancel every time. I have the update which let you view duplicate songs. I say I'm a little behind but it works perfectly and that's all I care about.

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The problem is when you try to use your 5th Gen iPod with it. For me, all it did was freeze iTunes, but for others, the iPod can get stuck on Do Not Disconnect mode. iTunes 7 will play, download, and otherwise function fine with all other ipods.

The solution is to uninstall iTunes, and reinstall the older version of it (check on download.com or just google it). Then you need to find the older iPod updater and reformat your iPod.

Once that is done, you can reinstall iTunes 7.

DO NOT PLUG YOUR 5G IPOD IN YET

Go to preferences and set it so that it will NOT automaticly update the firmware. Keep the older version. I'm sure they will make a fix for it, and when its safe, you can go ahead and update.

Again, this (to my knowledge) only pertains to iPods with video (the tech term is 5th Generation iPod)

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Flash LCD said:
The RAM on my laptop is being ****ing raped between firefox and iTunes at the same time.
i'm considering going back to firefox v1.0 so it stops eating ram.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts