• No

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where I live I have to pay utilities. I turn off lights, turn off my computer, turn off my speakers, keep the windows tight, do laundry as little as possible, and never let the tap run while I brush my teeth.

However, living with a couple other guys and girls it has become etiquette to flush the toilet after every use. I grew up in the country and our water came from a well, so I was raised to be conservative when it came to water use. We never flushed the toilet after taking a piss unless you were the last person to go before everyone was going to bed or the last to go before we went out some where for an extended period of time.

I didnt flush a few times and my roommate (a guy) *****ed about it, a lot. I just don't see what the matter is.. if it's in the morning or before bed and everyone is going and taking a piss around the same time.. why should we all flush the toilet for a total of 4 flushes within probably 15-20 minutes when the last person could just flush.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
I usually flush. I hate coming home and my house smelling like stale piss.

The only time I don't flush is when there is a bathroom line.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
I always flush, it's just habit.

With that said, I wouldn't mind if it was just me and my roommate or girlfriend, but when I have people over I like the place to be as clean as possible. Therefore, I would err on the side of over-flushing, rather than not flushing enough.

·
<a href="http://www.picoo
3,251 Posts
Lol, Dean is gonna come in here talking about how you'll get AIDS or something if you don't flush..

:p

But yes, I do. The smell is absolutely sickening if you don't.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know about Canada, but water here is like barely a penny a gallon.
The cost plays only a part in why I conserve. Sure I want to save money, but I also think it's a waste of water. Also, not only did I grow up on a well, but also we had a septic tank. And if you've ever seen the mess a septic tank can make of your yard, then you'd want to minimize a surplus of water making it to the leach field (though I realize that over flushing after every bathroom use would likely not result in this complication, my dad certainly enforced the possibility after a particularly nasty septic problem).

And to address the comments regarding the 'stale piss smell'. If I'm not flushing in the morning or evening and within 20 mins the last person is going to flush after everyone else, I don't see how this stale piss smell will really cause any problems in this short time. and even if it sits for a bit, close the lid.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
I Don't flush. For turd or piss. Hell, I don't even wash my hands.
:dodgy:​

I pee in the shower too. I'll pee on myself in the shower, I don't give a ****, the shower is gonna wash it off anyways.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
I'm all for one on peeing in the shower.

I guess I can see the logic if you're in an area that is scarce for water. Otherwise, not much of a point IMO.

·
Uhh... I slay Dogfish
594 Posts
I live in the Northwest, we don't worry about water here... My well is pumping about 18 gallons a minute when it needs to. Water is in abundance here, it's constantly falling on my head we have so much.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
I live in the Northwest, we don't worry about water here... My well is pumping about 18 gallons a minute when it needs to. Water is in abundance here, it's constantly falling on my head we have so much.
You would not survive if you lived where my girlfriend's parents do. Due to the land, the trees, and the amount of neighbors on the street (only 4, but it's enough to cause a problem) the well is almost always dry in the summer. They usually get 6 gallons every hour. They take the wash to their grandmother's house and have to take on/off showers.

-Jin

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
You would not survive if you lived where my girlfriend's parents do. Due to the land, the trees, and the amount of neighbors on the street (only 4, but it's enough to cause a problem) the well is almost always dry in the summer. They usually get 6 gallons every hour. They take the wash to their grandmother's house and have to take on/off showers.

-Jin
I would move.

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
we have a hightech kick ass septic sysem and a deep well, so i just do what i want with my water.. it's not like we're wasting anything- we pull it out of our backyard, and dump it in our side yard with poo and stuff in it

1 - 20 of 43 Posts